Search the forum,

Discuss Hudson Reed shower system help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stanleytwins

We just finished our master bath remodel. We installed a Hudson Reed Tec Thermostatic shower system with 12" round ceiling mount and handheld. When we first turned on the water it was ice cold and no matter which way we turned temp control knob it stayed ice cold. We left it on for a while, while playing with the knobs and it eventually turned to scolding hot water and again no matter how we turned temp knob it remained scolding. We tried adjusting the temp max but that didn't change anything. There is no in the middle. Did we get a faulty cartridge or could it be something else? I have tried contacting HR, no response yet.

Are you sure your hot and cold feeds aren't piped up the wrong way?
Usually hot on the left and cold on the right as you look at it, if you get them the wrong way round you get the exact symptoms you describe.

It was a plumber that installed it. He is hard to reach now that we are having issues.

Exactly as JCplumb said!

I guess everything is now installed and tiled making it hard to re-pipe but that is your only
solution

I fitted a Hudson Reed shower about 3 years ago and couldn't get any hot out of it. Hudson Reed said the unit was faulty and by just changing the cartridge would not solve the problem. They paid for reasonable costs to change the unit. The shower had to be re tiled.

You wouldn't have to get behind the tiles if the feeds are fed down from the loft or come from under the bath/shower tray, doesn't matter where you swap them over.

If the hot an cold are plumbed in the wrong way round on a hudson reed it's and easy fix...
Just get the plumber to disconnect the temperature cartridge and turn 180deg problem fixed!!! But make sure he know what he's doing cause if not he could irreparably damage the cartridge.

if you post a picture of the shower might be able to tell know if this is possible..

Last edited:
I ended up fixing it myself. I removed cartridge and rotated it 180 without damaging the cartridge. Adjusted the max temp and now it works! Thank you all for all your help. So happy we didn't have to tear anything apart!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hudson Reed shower system help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock