Search the forum,

Discuss Hudson Reed shower valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I need a type number to properly identify this Hudson-Reed shower mixer? I can't find a match on Hudson Reed website, but perhaps that doesn't matter.

It's a standard mixer with on/off flow valve above. The temperature control valve has failed (turning the control now makes no difference to temperature).
It's about twelve years old, the control had been getting very stiff to turn (I suspect limescale), but it became free to turn immediately upon failure.

I can't find a type number or any identifying marks on it. Is this going to be a garden-variety/universal temperature valve once I take it out? 10-10-2016 11-59-06.jpg

- And as a matter of interest, what's inside the cylindrical bodies right and left, marked "Hot" and "cold" ?

If I had to guess I'd say filters inside those cylindrical bodies.

I'd also say at 12 and it being broken you'd be best off binning it and getting a new shower.

Thanks, I might have to do that, but if inserts are available, the remainder is pretty much a lump of brass.
So it may be cheaper for the parts your way, that's TBD, but I don't bin things unnecessarily.
I've also asked Hudson Reed if they can identify it.

not sure if i can post links on here but service kits are available, send me a pm and i can point you in the right direction for a service kit

Thanks. HR got back to me today with the part code for the insert, and they are available. I'll probably do that.
Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hudson Reed shower valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock