Search the forum,

Discuss Hydraulic system test in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long is it wise to leave a system before filling it up, after you have wet tested it as obviously it will stay wet throughout with untreated water?

Once you finished all your tests you can fill straight away if you want and then flush and clean the system, then add your inhibitors if it's a heating system

I was more concerned with say testing it then leaving it empty for a week or more.

How fast does corrosion set in before final flush and filling.

Are you going to flush / clean the system if yes leave the water in

I was going to test the system, then using the old central heating pump have some fernox f4 to clean any fluxes residue. Then drain and wait a few weeks for the gas bloke to fit the new boiler.

He will need to flush and clean it once he's installed the boiler anyway

I would of leave it full after you have chemically cleaned the system and let the installer drain down to replace your boiler cheers kop .

Your post is of interest and i will hopefully reduce the fear factor. In about 1975 i was involved in the building and P & H installations on 11 properties, one of which i dwelled. The P & H was a standard two pipe system with 13 rads and gravity flow and return to cylinder, both feed by cisterns in loft. The boiler being an 80.00 BTU idea gas, no additive were used. I when back to the road just a few months ago to reminisce, and meet a pal that still live in one of the houses. We had built them together, during tea and biscuit we jawed. It appears the P & H system had not been altered, all the same as when fitted (other than too rads that were changed for cosmetic reasons) and no problem encountered. Now i'am and was standard turn it into cash plumber. With the MEC trades its been notice there money to be earn't and many scientists and component manufactures have joined the grave train.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hydraulic system test in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've air tested pipework for years, typically 4 bar for 30 minutes. I've never had an issue with any pipework that has passed that test, occasionally you get a small leak from the air test typically old cap ends/scratched pipe which shows up easily on the test without having to inspect anything...
Replies
Views
During an install of new boiler ('old' boiler died after 11-12 years) the system was "drained" but I guess maybe 90% of water was left in the (rather large) underfloor pipe system. What is the best way to tell how much inhibitor should be added in this case? (also taking account that system was...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning. The boiler seems to function well, and the pressure only drops with the heating and not the water being on. Ie it started last winter and was then...
Replies
Views
Hi my triton shower suddenly had no water coming out after Thames water doing work outside my house, the shower just started buzzing with no water at all, after testing an hour later water is dribbling from where the hose connects, please can anyone help what they think could have failed and is...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any kind of instructions/manual and therefore trying to figure out ourselves. We have what looks like a boiler/water tank system (coming from a standard...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock