Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Elan replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Called out to a breakdown on one of these today stripped down only to find the flue rotted out so condemned it , now the tricky bit the boiler is under the stairs fitted low down open vent on a y plan hotwater cylinder right next to it all controls there to , boiler position and flue is causing me concern as it's near the neighbours boundary although they have had a boiler replaced 2 years please see attached i have had issues with plumeing over a boundry before and had to have a meeting with gasafe to resolve the issue which was acceptable in the end so dont want to go risk that happening again boiler needs replacing asap no other possible position without major upheaval any opions chaps ? Cheers kop

20180119_151400.jpg

20180119_143601.jpg

20180119_143553.jpg

What boiler you looking at fitting mate. That looks like enough clearance to be honest. Can you not angle a plume kit to give you more distance?

job i was on this week was similar both with plume kits 180 degree to each other

Whats the gap between the two flues?
Plume kit will sort yours out, only concern would be the neighbours flue POC being drawn into the air intake of yours. But looks far enough away to not be an issue

It's one of them you can only do the best you can, anything is better than it is atm

You need 1.5m between both air intakes

It's going to be a very hard gas run tho

400x400 slabs so 1600mm or so need a rear flued boiler so i can keep the boiler up higher under the stairs not keen on that either the stairs being the main route of escape but got to work with what i have thinking ideal logic + with a plume kit + a extra 1m lenghth to get me up and away above head height . cheers kop

400x400 slabs so 1600mm or so need a rear flued boiler so i can keep the boiler up higher under the stairs not keen on that either the stairs being the main route of escape but got to work with what i have thinking ideal logic + with a plume kit + a extra 1m lenghth to get me up and away above head height . cheers kop

Agree but ideal ooooo

Eco blue or 400

Not much between em shaun fitted a few of each now the plastic case on both is a mistake in my mind but rear flued i am limited so ideal is my choice . cheers kop

Just done a logic cost of plume kit is over priced for what you get in it, but using one is your only option

Yes mate they do one, not much between em really 7years manufactures warranty on a18kw logic + fitted quite a few with no issues till they changed to the plastic cased mk2 version did one this time last year just serviced it this week no problems may aswell earn my points on installer connect got me some logoed gasafe workwear recently. Cheers kop

Well a quick update fitted a baxi 400 with a plume kit logic was 100mm bigger so would not fit alls good happy warm customer , cheers kop

inside looks ok

but flue i wouldnt of done like that (wouldnt of installed the plume kit)

how did you find it?

It was easy enough Shaun has some good features on the boiler I liked how easy it was to commission getting into max and minimum setting , the casing in my mind is what lets it down I can't see it standing the test of time , like I said before I have had plumeing issues with a neighbours boundary before so was not prepared to take any chances that flue was going up above anyone head and ended up 1.8 m away from any openings or any adjacent surfaces none of it is visable from the front of the property so I am happy with it . Regards kop

Yes tucked in there nicely completed the plume kit today now sorted . Cheers kop

20180130_123522.jpg

20180130_123615.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Elan replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock