Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal he 24 c heating but no hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gingalig

Gas Engineer
Hope I can get some advice, called out to a no hot water issue , I have checked theoperation of the actuator and the diverter all seems ok, I’mabout to order a DHW flowswitch , the boiler fires forheating and the heating works fine, and a very small amountof hot water will arrive at tapsbut then flows cold, heating off and there is again a tiny amount of warm water then flows cold, apologies if I’m asking obvious questions, I’m a bit new to diagnostics. Thank you in advance for any advice.

Hope I can get some advice, called out to a no hot water issue , I have checked theoperation of the actuator and the diverter all seems ok, I’mabout to order a DHW flowswitch , the boiler fires forheating and the heating works fine, and a very small amountof hot water will arrive at tapsbut then flows cold, heating off and there is again a tiny amount of warm water then flows cold, apologies if I’m asking obvious questions, I’m a bit new to diagnostics. Thank you in advance for any advice.

Presuming that we're both thinking of the same Boiler.
Have a look through the manual here and follow the fault chart. It tells you how to test the DHW side. There are a few things to check. See page 49.

As above bud. Good luck kop

Screenshot_2018-02-02-10-57-55.png

Screenshot_2018-02-02-10-57-20.png

Down load the manual find the page you want screen shot it then upload it from there Last i think your putting yourself down a bit bud its pretty cool how you put the whole manual in the word ( here) . cheers kop

I've done a lot of repairs due to the turbine failing very easy to change but I would change the flow sensor as well

Very easy to do and less than 10 mins to change both

I've done a lot of repairs due to the turbine failing very easy to change but I would change the flow sensor as well

Very easy to do and less than 10 mins to change both

Excuse my ignorance/lack of knowlege is that the magnetic flow switch (the turbine ) I have changed the flow sensor and initially it worked , called for heating and it still worked then hot water stopped. turned off the power and then calling for hot water all worked well again, checked multiple times then it stopped firing for hot water again. turn the power on and then off and it all works fine for a while. ?? then stops again, Looking through the M.I's and it seems to be pointing to a PCB fault although this was apparently changed less than a year ago. Any thoughts It's giving me a headache.

Yes

The switch should light up constant red led if it doesn't change the mag flow switch

You will change 20 turbines to 1 sensor .
Use a ring spanner to remove it but be careful, I have never broken a housing but my butcher of a pal has broken 2

Thanks for the help there, one happy customer and I managed to learn a few things.

Thank you again you’re all stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal he 24 c heating but no hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock