Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Icos HE12 hot water issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gassy_NE

Gas Engineer
I have the above boiler with an unvented cylinder. There is no problems with the heating but it kettles when the hot water is on (on it's own) so constantly firing up and knocking off. No fault codes.

I think there must be some sort of circulation issue (possibly in the cylinder coil or that area) that isn't letting the boiler keep the correct flow/return differential temps or it's overheating.

The house is only 9 years old and I've replaced the 2 port valves and pump previously.

Where is the best place to start with this? Is it worth opening the hot water 2 port and blasting some water through it with the filling loop?

Thanks for any suggestions...

If it was the pump then surely it would also affect the heating... probably moreso than the hot water, bearing in mind the central heating gets hotter than the hot water.

Maybe but pumps do loose performance with age , make sure your programmer is on constant for hotwater turn the cylinder thermost up to say 70degrees c observe the 2port valve can you see the lever move to the middle postion if you move it side to side it should have no resistance on the lever the 2port valve is then open , turn the cylinder stat down to 50 degrees and the valve lever should motor over to one side and have resistance the valve is then closed try that . cheers kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Icos HE12 hot water issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a megaflo unvented indirect cylinder (125i) boiler is a Worcester greenstar. I have good pressure on the cold feed and all the usual stuff works, taps...
Replies
Views
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages and couldnt get to the bottom of it and I thought worth asking the elders on here for their view - Hot water temp is 40 Degrees - Ideal Mexico 2...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
Evening All, Been having on and off issues with a Greenstar CDI classic Combi were the hot water is not heating up but only intermittently. Some days/ weeks it’s fine and works fine all of the time but on the odd occasion it’s been running cold in the following sequence. It fires up the boiler...
Replies
Views
So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to give a full picture but let me know if ive missed anything. I have a Baxi Avanta 25h heat only boiler. Works fine. Unvented 300ltr megaflow. Stated...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock