Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal isar 30HE Leak from DHW outlet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDS

Gas Engineer
Been called out to leaking Isar 30HE coming from the plastic body of the diverter assembly at the DHW outlet - from what I can see - not a lot of space in there! Boiler working fine, no pressure drop, leak stopped when isolating cold water inlet to boiler. Removed copper elbow and replaced 'o' ring but still leaking. MI's don't list that part unfortunately. Wondered if any of you more knowledgeable and experienced folk had come across this issue before and able to shed some enlightment - are these plastic bodies prone to cracking? Your help is much appreciated...

Thanks for that Lambed84, that's confirmed my suspicions of a crack/fracture on the plastic diverter manifold. It looks like a right ball ache to replace though, and I'm guessing a new diverter manifold costs a bit too!

Diverter manifold replaced, you were right Lambed - wasn't as bad as I thought! Took about an hour as I was being a bit meticulous thoroughly cleaning every component, replacing every seal, etc. I couldn't see a fracture in the manifold but the old rubber seal between manifold and plate heat exchanger had gone brittle and suspect leak was coming from this deteriorated seal. All went back together nicely and now leak free. Thanks for the advice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal isar 30HE Leak from DHW outlet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock