Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Logic+ 18kw heat only boiler - advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

IanSmith

Hi. We're in the process of replacing our (very) old Glowworm 75 heat only boiler with a heat only condensing boiler. Most people have quoted a Worcester Bosch. I can understand this given the very good reviews out there but the two better quotes are for an Ideal Logic+. Now I know they have had poor reviews in the past an in particular their combi boilers got very poor ratings. However, I understand that there has been changes in the company, quality improvements made and (in any case) I'm looking at the simpler heat only boiler.

So, I would appreciate any views on Ideal heat only boilers that have been fitted since the changes at Ideal so I can make a fully informed decision.

All comments gratefully received...Thanks!

Still go Worcester had a couple of problems with ideal on there warrenty and lack of it

Logic plus is a cracking little boiler at a mid range price. I have fitted the combi & heat only versions & like them .....however people on here have had warranty issues with Ideal which you can find in the forum, but personally it's not happened to me ....yet....

The Ideal boilers are OK , not had any problems . or take a look at the Baxi Blue range, very easy boiler to install, no pump over run required,

Yes its well documented the problems with logics , but I would fit one over a Worcester any day .

Ideal logics are ok fitted one recently they have had a face lift the only thing I am not sure about is the plastic front casing they have now worked well enough on a open vented system upgrade .

Fitted a logic plus heat only and a cracking little boiler- much better than the overhyped Worcester in my opinion but each to their own.

Many thanks for all your advice. I think I'll be going with our local team with the Ideal. They have excellent reviews and I save around 300 over the next quote (a relatively local company, but larger)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Logic+ 18kw heat only boiler - advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Got fd code on Ideal Logic Heat 15. Had two plumbers out and no joy. It’s had a new water flow sensor, flush with sentinel x800 and refurbished grundfos water pump. Boiler tries to light and water pump power light comes on but goes off immediately and boiler flashes fd again. It’s heat only so I...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, i moved recently in new home and realised that there is no room external thermostat wired to the Ideal Combi boiler. There is only mechanical timer on it. I saw some videos on Internet that mechanical timer can be replaced with electrical one but i am not sure if it is compatible with...
Replies
Views
Dobsuk
D
My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when the Gledhill controls for the “hot water” and “central heading” are turned on the Ideal boiler makes a constant “clicking” noise and tries to start...
Replies
Views
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages and couldnt get to the bottom of it and I thought worth asking the elders on here for their view - Hot water temp is 40 Degrees - Ideal Mexico 2...
Replies
Views
Ideal logic heat 18. Uncoded intermittent fault near end of days use only. Burner reignites every 15 seconds on and off, but no fault code showing. Boiler isolated and restarted okay but same uncoded fault repeated at end of next day.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock