Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Logic 24 plus combi boiler says ignition lockout but no fault code in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

G.Duncan

Hello,

i need some some advice please.

I have an an ideal logic 24 plus combi boiler, it's had problems for a couple of months saying flame loss and not working, it has to be reset several times before it will work, my landlord had a plumber come out who reset it and said it was working fine and that it was just the weather and that was it.
Its been off for over a week now, I have no heating and no hot water, I have two young children and it's a nightmare.

the LLs plumber will only come out if I tell him what the problem is so that he can decided if it needs fixing, it's a two hour round trip for him coming from the nearest city and he doesn't want to come out several times so wants me to give him the fault code so that he can get any parts and fix it in one trip.
The problem is that the display only says "ignition lockout" "1, check other gas appliances are working" "2, reset boiler"

The plumber will not come out unless I give him a fault code because "it could be nothing and I don't want to waste my time coming out if it is not faulty" is what he said.

The he landlord will only use him so I can't get anyone else.

i don't know what to do, I have tried googling but I can't find anything, I really need advice from experts.

Thanks.

Take it you have checked that the water pressure is ok, that's about all we can tell you, But if this is locking out all the time then there is a fault within the boiler, is the 'Plumber' that calls Gas Safe Registered ? You need to ask ! Landlord has a duty of care to provide you with heat & hot water, Contact landlord and tell him it needs sorting ASAP, This boiler has a 7 year warranty ask him to call out manufacture

Thank you for replying.

The water pressure is 1.5 so is ok.

The boiler is only 5 years old.

The plumber bed does the gas safety check so he must be registered.
He seems like a nice enough man, the problem is that because he lives 45 miles away he doesn't like to travel out here as he doesn't get paid for the traveling time only the time he is actually working, so it means he is losing two hours where he could be working and earning, this is why he doesn't want to waste his time coming out here if it's only a simple fault or if it will need parts.

Is there any way to get the boiler to display the fault code?

thanks.

Boiler has a fault, still 2 years left on warranty , get land lord to call out Ideal, what's the point of having a plumber who wont travel, landlord using him cos he's cheep There is a way to get into fault code but that's for service engineers only CALL OUT IDEAL

I think you are right, he uses him because he is a friend/they have a financial arrangement.

I have called ideal, the person I spoke to was nice a somewhat helpful, he basically said on this model 'ignition lockout' is the code, there is no more to it, he also said that it would have 5 years warranty so would probably have expired by now, he checked but it was not registered anyway.

I called the plumber and explained the code and he said "that's ridiculous, so I'll have to go out and but one of everything then just in case it needs it"
he then said he won't be able to come out until next week but will have to call the landlord and talk to him about it first.

You have a right to expect hot water and heating under the terms of letting, 5 days is more than enough time to allow, Sounds to me like the LL plumber hasn`t got a clue with the boiler. Contact the LL and tell him enough is enough and if you have to get someone else in then it comes out or the rent money!

The arrangement between the landlord and the plumber isn't your problem, tell him that. Also tell him your taking advise of the issue isn't sorted post haste. It's just not reasonable.

You just know he's going to turn up and start throwing parts at it, Have a look on your Gas safety certificate and see if he's put his gas safe number on it , then check it on G/Safe website,

Tell him you are getting Ideal out to fix boiler & deducting cost from rent, Proberly work out more cost effective as don't think "Plumber" knows what he's on about, if you speak to him ask him how he would like it without heating in currant weather conditions.

I've checked the gas safety certificate (which was only done recently) and checked the numbers against the gas safety website.

The registered business number is coming up but the plumbers gas safe registered engineer number is coming up as "Engineer is not current."

Don't let him touch boiler then until he can prove that he is G/Safe ! illegal for him to touch it, maybe he is using someone else's number, try it with just his name

I wouldn't know where to start without a fault code! Anyway, if he can't prove he's gsr don't jet him in!

I called the number on the gas safe website.

The person I spoke to said the number on my gas safe certificate is for the name the plumber gave, but is an old, expired number. He said that he can't discuss any information in individuals due to data protection, but can tell me that my certificate is valid and ok.

I know this is really naughty but if he was coming tomorrow I`d be really tempted to let him travel for the 1hr then ask for his gas safe badge and go inside to check him out on the web site whilst keeping him waiting outside for awhile then say "No your not coming in to put me and my family at risk" !

He he!

Recorded delivery to landlord. Fixed by a qualified and registered engineer or you will get your own and bill him.

In the meantime I like rpm's advice above :)

Recorded delivery to landlord. Fixed by a qualified and registered engineer or you will get your own and bill him.

In the meantime I like rpm's advice above :)

It was only a naughty example of my wicked mind Simon I of course could never advise it being a responsible member of this forum. :tounge_smile:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Logic 24 plus combi boiler says ignition lockout but no fault code in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock