Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal logic 35 banging in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

shyguy2005

Gas Engineer
hi guys,

Had a quick look at job this evening was a ideal logic combi 35. When running for hot water makes a thumping noise. Have cleaned out condensate which defo was blocked up so clearly boiler has never been serviced. Boiler is about 6-7 years old .

Going back Wednesday first thing to have a closer look when I've got abit more time.

Any one come across a similar problem or anything I need have a closer look at.

Customer has also mentioned he's topping pressure up every 2 weeks or so. Will check expansion vessel pressure.

Not used to boiler breakdowns and I'm usually just installing.

Cheers.

check the sump as well they like to split around where the front inspection plate is

Never heard of a split sump on a combi , they seem to be only heat onlys ...
Is the coni pipe completely clear ?

Never heard of a split sump on a combi , they seem to be only heat onlys .
Is the coni pipe completely clear ?
Yeah that was on heat boiler but still ideal.

Cleaned trap out throughly but couldn't see down condensate pipe. Might be worth cutting into it then just coupler it back up.

Have heard there was a lot of problems with older ideals (isars) causing similar problems due to faulty electrodes????

I would try blowing down it or at least a hose full of water if you suspect anything . I know they have bother with flue seals but it doesnt give a banging noise, have your anyliser on when you draw HW it may show something

Sounds like it needs a full service as per manufacturers instructions first.

Then as it sounds like the condensate discharge pipe is blocked somewhere along its length so i would try and flush through or the other way if you can find where it connects to the drain I would disconnect from there and then vac it from that end to pull any residue through.

Also clean sink drain trap & bend if it connects in there.

Prob need a peg for your nose as I have had a few customers that must of emptied god knows what down there & it has stank.

Good luck with it,

Thanks.

Andy.

If its blocked and backed up it can cause a kettling/banging noise I have had that problem before with an ideal.

If its blocked and backed up it can cause a kettling/banging noise I have had that problem before with an ideal.
if condense was backing up it would gurgle never heard of one banging , how would it cause it to bang ???

Sounds like a flow issue though the heat exchanger to me. Is the system water clean or dirty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal logic 35 banging in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock