Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal logic + Heat 18 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon all I was just wandering if the Ideal logic + heat 18 has a build in frost stat.

No they don't best to fit an external one, only problem is you need to be gas safe

No its not insulated. The boiler is in the garage. The garage is a new build. So not likely to get cold in there. But iv heard it's always best to have a frost stat if the boiler is outside the house.

No its not insulated. The boiler is in the garage. The garage is a new build. So not likely to get cold in there. But iv heard it's always best to have a frost stat if the boiler is outside the house.
Might invalidate the warranty on the boiler if you do not have one.

Ok great stuff. Just out of interest is the boiler in danger of not working if the garage gets a little chilly in the winter. Not Frezzing just cold.

How do you know it wont get to freezing temps?
Obviously you are wasting heat through non insulated pipes

As above, but I would get someone in to quote you before you decide it is a definite NO.

Only say it won't be Frezzing in there as it's a well insulated garage. Sorry the pipes going into the boiler are Insulated but the gas pipe is not. All this is in the garage. Hope that makes sense.

Sorry not read all above , you dont just insulate pipes to prevent freezing its also to prevent heat loss .

Ok thanks for advice. Only asked original question. As someone on the Web said it had a built in frost stat. And as they could not see an electrical connection for the cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal logic + Heat 18 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Got fd code on Ideal Logic Heat 15. Had two plumbers out and no joy. It’s had a new water flow sensor, flush with sentinel x800 and refurbished grundfos water pump. Boiler tries to light and water pump power light comes on but goes off immediately and boiler flashes fd again. It’s heat only so I...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know of a weather compensation unit that can be fitted to a cylinder? I have an Ideal Logic Max H24 which heats a thermal store. The boiler can take an Ideal weather compensation unit to raise the target flow temperature as the outside temperature drops, but the store temperature...
Replies
Views
Ideal logic heat 18. Uncoded intermittent fault near end of days use only. Burner reignites every 15 seconds on and off, but no fault code showing. Boiler isolated and restarted okay but same uncoded fault repeated at end of next day.
Replies
Views
My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when the Gledhill controls for the “hot water” and “central heading” are turned on the Ideal boiler makes a constant “clicking” noise and tries to start...
Replies
Views
I've got a non condensing Glowworm Ultimate with gravity tank and hot Water tank in a 4 bed house. 11 radiators 1 double 1400mm length 1 P+ 1400mm length 2 P+ 400mm length 7 singles 400mm 1 mains shower average water pressure Any recommendations on combi boiler and KW? Boiler budget...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock