Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal mini c32 diverter issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_d_o_t

Gas Engineer
hi guys,

Got a ideal c32 with a leak coming from the pin on the diverter located where the actuator is sited.

I order service kit and come back to boiler 2 days later.
Replace all parts of the diverter
Put back and now find that now I don’t get heating or hot water and discover that water has got into actuator and frazzled it.

But what I don’t get is why I don’t get hot water still.... the flow switch lights up and I removed the micro switch to see if the pin comes out when tap is opened and can confirm no movement.

Would the faulty actuator have any affect on the pin moving for the DHW

Many thanks nick

If you click the hot water micro switch manually does it fire ?

Heating no hot water? If so, You can sometimes replace the little O ring on the push rod, re-greese and all good. If not, replace diverter valve.

If you click the hot water micro switch manually does it fire ?

Pump
Heating no hot water? If so, You can sometimes replace the little O ring on the push rod, re-greese and all good. If not, replace diverter valve.

No heating no hot water.
Actuator needs replacing as it was full of water but don’t see why actuator would have any affect on the other pin piping out for the micro switch.

Diverter has had all internal parts replaced with the devirter kit.

Is flow switch light constant or flashing ? if flashing flow switch is U.S

Just to update

Returned and technical advised there must be a blockage so I had the diverter in bits again... no blockage

I then found that the pump was not kicking in but had power to it and was told that the pump would have a affect on the pin piping out.

I replaced pump also and whaayyy it worked.

So used a diverter service kit,
Replaced actuator
And replaced pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal mini c32 diverter issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock