Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal mini he 28 combi On and off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gingalig

Gas Engineer
Hi, hope I can get some help, boiler is fine for hot water, and rads get warm but not hot, calls for heat ignites and runs for about 90 secs then stops about 5 mins later ignites runs 90 secs and stops this seems to go on as a consistent cycle. Boiler lights don’t seem to indicate a fault code, lights with no issue , flame picture is fine. If you turn down the C/H and then back up it fires and repeats as above. Obviously still cutting my teeth and appreciate the help.

Hi, hope I can get some help, boiler is fine for hot water, and rads get warm but not hot, calls for heat ignites and runs for about 90 secs then stops about 5 mins later ignites runs 90 secs and stops this seems to go on as a consistent cycle. Boiler lights don’t seem to indicate a fault code, lights with no issue , flame picture is fine. If you turn down the C/H and then back up it fires and repeats as above. Obviously still cutting my teeth and appreciate the help.
Might be a circulation problem. You need a GSR to have a look for you.

:p:p:p Me and late nights clearly do not mix. :p:p Check that the pump is spinning freely mate. Or could be a heat ex problem. Have heard the heat ex on these gets clogged easily.

I'm clinging on, I'm yawing like a mother trucker

Op old pump with a bleed port ?

Sorry must be in the wrong forum, I checked the pump and diverter valve

I checked the pump and diverter valve both appear to be ok, pressure is 1.2 bar there’s water in the rads
Me and the late nights as well I’m repeating myself, might have to sleep on it

Sorry must be in the wrong forum, I checked the pump and diverter valve

I checked the pump and diverter valve both appear to be ok, pressure is 1.2 bar there’s water in the rads

Nope, just me not looking at the forum properly.:p:p. Got to be a partial blockage somewhere if it was the rectification you would expect it to do it on water as well. Is the heat ex noisy with the heating on?

Nope, just me not looking at the forum properly.:p:p. Got to be a partial blockage somewhere if it was the rectification you would expect it to do it on water as well. Is the heat ex noisy with the heating on?

Can't be main hex as hot waters fine

Pop the bleed screw out when it's running and get an old flat headed screwdriver and pop it in the hole and apply medium ish pressure if it stops the pump isn't strong enough to push the system water around

A bit of a rattle with the water on

I didn’t , I stuck a screwdriver on the body and listened to the pump with the other end poked against my ear, this may of course not be in the “ how to fix boilers school of thought ”
Could be the pump then mate. I would go back and do what me and Shaun have said and test the pump. Definitely sounds like a circulation issue.

Or if you have a difference temp meter measure the flow and return straight out the hex

If it's hitting 90 there's your reason why it's shutting down

So then it's either pump or hex like you said
You’ve made me question myself now:p:p:p. The HE is the one with the plate and primary heat ex isn’t it? Not just a primary? Got brain freeze?

You’ve made me question myself now:p:p:p. The HE is the one with the plate and primary heat ex isn’t it? Not just a primary? Got brain freeze?

I call the main a hex and the hot water a plate hope that helps

I'm signing off lol

IMG_3254.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal mini he 28 combi On and off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock