Search the forum,

Discuss Incoming water pressure in your area is ................ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpm

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Pretty much as the title say`s really, wondering how much variation there could be.

3-10 bar with flow rates from less than Soding to 40 lpm

• Informative
Reactions: rpm
1-4bar as far as I know never had any higher pressure. Very often we've got the case of 1-2max but the. Again it depends on lead pipe or mdpe upgraded

• Informative
Dewsbury seems to have mega pressure. I did a warehouse for (Shackletons chairs) years ago. The builder caught the main and it was like old faithful :D

I've found everything from 1 bar to 11 bar here in Guernsey.

The 11 bar situation was noticed by me when I was at a customer's house that was being renovated and I noticed the hose on the garden standpipe had a bulge in it like a snake had eaten a guinea pig whole. So I got the gauge out and showed them. Sold them a PRV for the house after that.

Dropped from about 80PSI to 35PSI near Bridgwater a few years ago which was a bit of a bummer as we used to pressure test a 50PSI steam boiler direct off the mains.
Years ago in Alston, ***bria, I could direct inject water into a steam loco running at 160 PSI off the mains!

• Informative
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Incoming water pressure in your area is ................ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater systems in the house. This boiler was replaced by a combi boiler as it only heats the lounge and master bed and provides hot water to en-suite bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Hi I moved into a property where the pressure is slightly low and they have this super duper shower but pressure is somewhat lacking. I have had water company out and they did do a check and they found the flow rate reduced but they mentioned about the inside stopcock/tap should be changed just...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot water tank, not sure of the size in liters but its about 1600mm tall. The tank is around 3 years old now and was amazing when it was first installed. Around a year ago we had a problem with water dripping from the overflow pipe outside and we ended...
Replies
Views
Low hot water pressure Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone is able to shed some light on my situation before I have to call out the professionals. We've been in our house for over 3 years now, when we moved in the hot water pressure was pretty good (confirmed by a retired plumber family friend)...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Gas combi Boiler Mains fed in all taps and shower How do I balance the water pressure in all faucets in my flat. Every tap/water faucet is mains fed but the cold water is really strong in every tap that if I open the tap fully it flies out like a fountain but the hot water is not...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock