Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Installing heavy shower tray with riser kit on plastic legs in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. plumbduff

plumbduff Member

This kit has a number of plastic screw adjustable legs with are screwed to plastic discs which are fixed to the underneath of the tray by self adhesive film.
    As it is 1000mm quadrant I wont be able to access the ones furthest away if adjustment is required.
    I'm considering whether to stick all the legs to a shaped plywood sheet first, carrying out adjustment if necessary and then place the heavy tray on top on a bed of gripfill or similar
    The other alternative would be to build a timber plinth and to not bother with the legs at all.
    What would be the advice on this problem?

2. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber

If in doubt construct a plinth. I had an issue with something similar which had double sided foam patches. Trouble was the foam didnt compress fully until somebody stood on the tray.

3. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

bin the legs and build a frame either 3x2 or 4x2 and water resistant ply on top and then your golden, then just add some cloaking trim or finish the front off how ever you would like

• Like Like x 1
  4. plumbduff

plumbduff Member

Thanks - I will build a plinth, I don't trust that leg system with that weight.
    I'm wondering if I should seal the the wpb ply board with primer G and bond the the tray on top with unmodified thinset such as keraflex S1 - after all it is like a big tile

5. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

good choice, and yes any flexible tiling adhesive will work fine never used primer g on ply myself but cant harm if you have any left from doing the floors

• Like Like x 1
  6. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I'm with ShaunCorbs on this one apart from the Primer g as I have never used it myself.

7. JCplumb

JCplumb Plumber

I did an 800 quadrant tray a couple of weeks ago on those legs, wasn't keen but seems alright, could reach the back ones OK with a bit of extravagant contortionism.
    I was in the bathroom for a few days as wasn't just doing the tray and for a couple of days every time I had a feel of the legs they needed extending a bit, must have been the foam squishing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

If I knew before I started doing this job that I had to be more flexible then the missus. I'd have quit before I started.:p:p

• Like Like x 1
  9. tt1987

tt1987 New Member

Your idea is great ,JCplumb