Search the forum,

Discuss Intaklean Magnetic Filter - Williams & Co. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stani

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Inta magnetic filter.
first, sorry for the delay replying Ray, family bad news over past few weeks.

but,
have fitted the Inta on my own 26 year old system, so knew it would have to work hard,
valves seem good quality ( only time will tell) easy to fit due to correct sizing of required gap in the instructions,
easy to bleed and remove air,
dosing with chemical is also a dream,
one downside which may not be, is that the actual container has to emptied into another container before you can remove the magnet, others are like a cup whereas with the Inta you take the bottom off the cup first, not ideal in a tight situation I.e. under a confined space where you would have difficulty getting a container under the Inta.
its been fitted for 4 weeks now and the muck removed is as expected from a 26 year old system, in fact there has been so much removed, I'm not sure what's left of my heating system.
I will update in the next few weeks when I change my boiler over.
Steve

Re: Williams & Co product review thread

Thanks for taking the time to post the review Steve. Sorry to hear about the bad family news.

INTRA CLEAN magnetic system filter review:

its a tidy neat filter that is not over ***bersome in its size and sits well on the eye as it is reasonably compact compared to tf1 and magna clean (std size).
fitting of the filter is much that of any other filter really, particularly that of the tf1 as it is an 'inline' type unlike a magna clean which is a more off set design. i found the valves to be of a decent sturdy quality despite the cheaper price of the filter.

after installation, there were no leaks or problems (other than simonf taking out the bleed screw then opening the valves onto the pcb!).
we did a quick (1/2 hour) flush and drain off and checked the filter for magnetite and were both impressed how much crud the magnet had captured despite previous flushings that had been carried out on new radiator circuit.

one thing we both did not like was the bottom entry for servicing as this meant you need a bucket or container bellow to capture the contents, rather tricky in confined spaces.

my preferred filter is a tf1/type which i rank at 9/10
the intra clean i award 7/10 with an extra mark for the £65 price tag.

the intra clean i award 7/10 with an extra mark for the £65 price tag.

£65? Its a bit cheaper from your favourite sponsor, even after the VAT is added. :)

Thanks for the review Redsaw, very helpful. I will pass on the remarks about the bottom entry issue.

£65? Its a bit cheaper from your favourite sponsor, even after the VAT is added. :)

Thanks for the review Redsaw, very helpful. I will pass on the remarks about the bottom entry issue.
lmfao ;)

£65 on the open forum ray!.lol

Ray should be using my Inta filter soon just looked at a boiler job this evening or worst case its going in my new house when i get it so plenty so scope to keep a eye on it :lol:, ps i wont eat the sweets till its used make myself feel better about not using it yet :p

INTRA CLEAN magnetic system filter review:

Before I got the filter I decided to do a little bit of research, this is what I thought:

Unknown brand to me so unsure about the quality of products.
Price: Very competitive, definitely on the cheap side, because of the price I was expecting something of poor quality.

After receiving the filter and inspecting it I thought that it didn't look too bad, the valves definitely looked robust and of a decent quality.
I thought the magnet was a little on the small side, I suppose this is where they've saved costs.

On Installation the instructions were nice and clear, easy to understand and easy to follow. Installation was a breeze, once drained. Filter didn't look too obtrusive, being in the kitchen.

Had Ray not sent me this filter, I probably wouldn't have purchased it myself, I usually stick to the bigger brands, or items that I know.

I will definitely purchase this item again for customers wanting a filter on a budget, so thank you Ray for introducing me to these filters and the brand.

I'm due to go back to the installation towards the end of this month/early June, so hope to update this review with some pictures.

Finally getting to use the Inta filter you sent me in next couple of weeks when i can squezze the job in Ray

INTA FILTER

Not heard of the filter before and not seen it in any of my merchants, after taking out the box seemed of reasonable quality to me liked the feel of the valves not light weight should stand up well

Did think the magnet was a bit short really compared to others i"ve used but time will tell

To be fair didnt read the instructions to see what they said

Only other thing was there was no spare washers if you ever need to change them

Plus side the free sweets kept me going yesterday :smilewinkgrin:

By the way Ray what do these filters retail at ?

To be honest probably would only use them if on a tight budget or customer asked for them

Cheers Ray

INTA FILTER

By the way Ray what do these filters retail at ?

Dunno about retail, and can't discuss trade prices on the open forum, but we sell them for about £30 less than we sell the <coughs> better known brands, which should give you some idea.

So if I were to say is it around the same number as fingers I've got on 1 hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Intaklean Magnetic Filter - Williams & Co. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock