Search the forum,

Discuss Intaklean Magnetic Filter - Williams & Co in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Orry Clayton

IntaKlean Magnetic Filter - Williams & Co

I got this off Roy and fitted it a while ago, I was going to do a video of it been fitted but never got around to it.

The filter is very well built and one of the easy filters to install. The magnet is a little bit smaller that of of it's competition, but it doesn't just rely on the magnet alone... There is a wire mesh to help collect larger deposits, as well as using gravity pull it to the bottom.

Like every central heating filter out there it has it's pro's and con's...

Pro's

• It works really well.
  • easy to install
  • easy to service
  • well built.
  • Easy to isolate
  • Opens from the bottom, so can get it really close to bottom of boiler.

Con's
  • The 'O' rings to be changed every service.
  • Opens from the bottom*, not a big problem, but need to remember bowl.
  • Can't use it for pouring chemicals in, unless you use use concentrates.

I know this isn't the best review, but next time I have something to review, I will be sure to record it... I'll get bod, to get camera out on me ;)

Big thank you to Ray and his team at William & Co, for the product and the sweets, much appreciated. I will be sure to use the IntaKlean filter in the future.

Kind Regards
Orry Clayton
Director

HE Engineers Ltd / Heating-Electrical.com

Last edited by a moderator:
i was looking on something similar other day in the magazine and I personally don't really like idea of emptying filter from the bottom :(. sorry guys Anyway, everybody prefers something else, doesnt it ? ;)

cant see why you cant pour chemicals in, I use them all the time and pour 1 or 2 litres in every time, you only have to rotate them 180 and that is simply done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Intaklean Magnetic Filter - Williams & Co in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original heating installed when the house was built, and this revision was largely to replace a life-expired boiler: non-condensing fan flue boiler open...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A gardener/landscaping friend of mine is going to install an irrigation system in a customer's garden. He asked me to pop around and measure the pressures and flowrates...
Replies
Views
Hi The onslaught of plumbing questions continues! Sorry folks... The plumber is coming on Monday and will be draining down to do the bathroom etc. I was considering whacking in some system cleaner before he comes, but would need to get some tomorrow. 1. Is it worth using for such a short...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
Sorry I have sort of asked this before, tried professionals but not great 1st experience hence DIY attempt attempt again. 2 completely cold rad's, another one get pretty warm, flow pipe hot, return v.luke warm. (Both rad's I have manually flushed really well) Hot water works fine, boiler return...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock