Search the forum,

Discuss Integrated washing machine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks

I'm fitting a new kitchen in my house at the moment and can't work out how the integrated washing machine is fitted.

I've already (after a lot of effort!) fitted the integrated dishwasher, which had holes for screwing into the neighbouring carcasses and up into the worktop.

With the washing machine there don't seem to be any holes which would hold the unit in place. Is this deliberate? Does it just sit on its own between the neighbouring carcasses with only the front door attached?

Any help much appreciated!

With the washing machine there don't seem to be any holes which would hold the unit in place. Is this deliberate? Does it just sit on its own between the neighbouring carcasses with only the front door attached?

Fitters usually seem to leave a 700mm gap for a washing machine and it must stand on a rather solid floor. You may need to add strenghening under it if the floor is suspended.

An 'integrated' variant will have some screwholes and possibly a fixing kit to hold the fascia door, etc. If you try to put one in a 600mm carcas or attach it to the adjacement units the first spin cycle will tear your new kitchen to pieces.

Consider using a 700mm gap with a 400 and 300 mm doors and concealed hinges. Personally, I think that white goods look 'right' in a kitchen and prefer to do without the doors, which are a nusiance in practice anyway.

I agree with chuck intergrated appliances look good but are a pita to fit and move around if your not careful, better to have a wider worktop and buy free standing so much easier to fit and cheaper and the run of units looks identical . kop

They can be a absolute nightmare , I installed one last week a 600 dishwasher went into a 595 gap , it took hours ,
anyway back to yours, assuming you have your gap the dishwasher is secured by screwing the legs up to the bottom of the worktop and then usually screwing horizontally into the units either side , before you screw the door on align it so the door is flush with the units on either side. It will be all in the instructions but they are beyond pathetic these days .. good luck

Wilko, you got it right first time, the washing machine isn't fixed to anything. It's freestanding with just the door attached.
The secret is to have a nice flat and level floor and make sure the machine is properly adjusted for level.
Most decent machines have nice "rubbery" feet that don't slide about too much. I prefer to fix a piece of exterior ply to the floor and then sit the machine on top of that, I find the feet grip better on the ply rather than something like tiles.
They can be a fiddle but usually stay put ok.
You might have to nudge it back into position occasionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Integrated washing machine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We have noticed for a while now that when our washing machine nears the end of a cycle we get a bad smell of dirty water in the downstairs toilet which is next door. We have moved the washing machine as we are having floor tiles put down and have noticed that the waste pipe is full of dark...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm installing a new kitchen which will have a dishwasher and washing machine. As I'm cutting/teeing into the cold mains 15mm pipe (before the kitchen sink taps) to feed the dishwasher and washing machine is it worth fitting a isolation valve with a built-in check valve? Regards Tezzer
Replies
Views
A
My mum is trying to connect a washing machine and dishwasher in her kitchen. She got a guy out to do the job and he ended up making a hole in her washing machine hose and ramming the dishwasher hose into it, held together with masking tape and charged her 200 quid for the privilege of her...
Replies
Views
I used my LG ThinQ front loader washing machine for the first time this morning. Just to wash some pocketless shirts, so I'm sure there was nothing in there that could have fallen out. Now, however, the washer is making a metallic scratching/ twanging sound every few seconds, even though it is...
Replies
Views
Need to plumb in a new washing machine. The room has a sink and toilet one one side, and at the other end of the room, enough space for washing machine and dryer to sit next to eachother. The main waste stack is right next to where the machine will sit So, I need about 5m of copper pipe routed...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock