Search the forum,

Discuss Intergas boiler and Nest Thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, hope this is the right place for this question.

I've got an Intergas Combi Compact HRE 28/24 and have just had a Nest Pro installer in to put in the third generation thermostat.

The Nest is wired into the boiler and there is no other thermostat but the boiler is ignoring it and just turning on regardless (basically it's just following the times program and turning on and off with the timing function).

Are there any known problems with the compatibility? If there is anything I can try I'm willing to give it a go!!

Best to get the installer who fitted the nest back

The nest installer feels everything is done correctly (to be fair I think he has) but the boiler just overrides it. Hoping Intergas support may know what to do, have spoken to boiler installer who can't think what the problem can be either.

Your best bet would be, fire an email over to nest to see if the boiler is compatible

You need to have the boiler display on 'C-ON', just press the clock button to get it into constant on (c-on) mode, and it will respond to the nest stat rather than the internal timed set up. Hope this helps

You need to have the boiler display on 'C-ON', just press the clock button to get it into constant on (c-on) mode, and it will respond to the nest stat rather than the internal timed set up. Hope this helps

I called Intergas this morning and they confirmed my boiler was compatible with Nest and suggested the same (set it to c-on) but the boiler still ignores the Nest. I've opened up the boiler and this is a photo of the wiring, the nest is the black wire in '1' - is that the correct position?

IMG_4241.JPG

have you got a multi meter?

and a pic of the nest wiring please

Probably better to get your nest installer back to sort it rather than poking about in there. You've paid him for a service (to install the nest) and you should get him back. From that picture, it doesn't look quite right to me. Or contact a decent sparky. Either way you need someone qualified to sort it.

Probably better to get your nest installer back to sort it rather than poking about in there. You've paid him for a service (to install the nest) and you should get him back. From that picture, it doesn't look quite right to me. Or contact a decent sparky. Either way you need someone qualified to sort it.

I've spoken to the chap who installed the boiler and hopefully he can pop round at the weekend, the nest installer seemed stumped by it and felt he had done everything right and that the boiler was the problem, difficult to say otherwise when you don't have the experience and they do!

I've spoken to the chap who installed the boiler and hopefully he can pop round at the weekend, the nest installer seemed stumped by it and felt he had done everything right and that the boiler was the problem, difficult to say otherwise when you don't have the experience and they do!
no, there is a problem, I can see an hearth cable connected to one open therm connection, I won't say no more I don't think an installer would have done this mistake.

no, there is a problem, I can see an hearth cable connected to one open therm connection, I won't say no more I don't think an installer would have done this mistake.

The installer came from directly from the Nest installers page and his rating it pretty good. Is it something that can be sorted pretty easily? My boiler man wasn't able to get over this weekend so I'm still waiting to get it sorted.

I think it's just the angle of the photo that makes it look like there's an earth in the opentherm connection (assuming they are OT1 and OT2)?

IMG_4273.JPG

I'd definitely get that re-done - your boiler is OpenTherm compatible and yet he's tried to use the 230v on/off switching, rather than Nest's OT terminals. Looks like neither of them really understand either the boiler or the stat - OT is more efficient, and should be used as it's available at both ends.

For clarity, wire in Nest L and N, do away with the link L to 2, and the connection in 3. Wire OT1 and OT2 to X4 11 & 12 on the boiler. They're polarity-free so you can't get it wrong

• Winner
Reactions: pip
Hi all, I am trying to help my electrican setup my new intergas HRE OV boiler, and nest thermostat using OpenTherm link. The boiler is configured with S plan. So for the hot water I believe I need to use the relay contacts from the nest heat link? For the heating is its purely the two wires from the OT terminals and no relay contacts from the nest heat link? If it is just the OT terminals for the heating, how does the heating zone valve open and close? I’m sure I confusing myself the more I read, if anyone can help or has a simple wiring diagram showing the zone valves wiring along with OT control from the nest, it would be very much appreciated. Cheers

An update for anyone interested - Intergas sent out their engineer this week and found that the circuit board had blown. They said they expect this was when the Nest was installed but that they couldn't (cost effectively) prove this so would do the repair under warranty. All working now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Intergas boiler and Nest Thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock