Search the forum,

Discuss Intermittent back pressure? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Blocky

Hi,
Can anyone tell me what might cause intermittent back pressure in a 28mm gravity hot water circuit.
I tends to happen when the central heating (pumped) is on. there is an awful squeal in the pipes then you can hear the bubbling in the attic. It goes on for about 10 - 15 seconds then everything is running normally.
The cylinder stat was replaced a while back & it seems to operate the 'sunvic' valve ok.
The boiler is an old baxi bermuda 552.
The system has been powerflushed recently and the radiators have never been better apart from having to bleed them regular.

you answered your own question, airs getting into the system and locking up probabling a poor conversion to pumped system.

Thanks, but the system has been in place a long time and problems were only noticed a couple of months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Intermittent back pressure? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock