Search the forum,

Discuss Is a fast recovery HWC a benefit for PDHW system? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I am looking into a new Main eco compact / Baxi 618 system boiler set up for PDHW (if its possible)

I was hoping to use the EPH controls priority hot water pack

I currently have a 15year old HWC around 900mm tall by 450mm dia

would I benefit from a new fast recovery HWC for the system (I prefer the new to be a vented jobbie)

NOTE: my old boiler has died it was a very old (50 years maybe) open flue and gravity hot water -new boiler going in different position so most pipework gotta be renewed. heating engineer already booked to install new system in a week or sos time and he asked me what I wanted: he quoted initially for a simple S plan, but IM thinking PDHW might be a better solution long term

any advice anybody can give would be most helpful

PS: would a fast recovery HWC be same size or could it be smaller as faster reacting?

You could go smaller if you go pdhw eg 180l for 3 people etc aslong as it’s showers and not baths etc

Reply to Is a fast recovery HWC a benefit for PDHW system? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock