Search the forum,

Discuss Is My Quote Fair?............. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could lend an opinion on whether or not a quote just shy of £800 for 1) removing c/c WC pan and CCTV survey to check for obstructions; 2) raising the WC 2-3 inches off the floor to obtain the correct fall; and 3) removing the bath panel to investigate a leak issue is fair? For just raising the toilet, we have previously been quoted closer to 300 but that was before the issue progressed to where it is now.
Area: Oxfordshire.

Thanks so much!

There is always someone who will do a job cheaper but they will be cheaper for a reason do your homework check reviews and public liability insurance. Cheers kop

Questions on price amuse me. Customers should realise that there is no ‘going rate’.
A price given by a trades man is the price he is happy to work for.
You can always get cheaper, but you get what you pay for.
From personal experience at least half plumbers are under priced and rubbish!

You should go out and price yourself a drain camera.

Work out how many jobs a year you think you will use it, decide if you want to recover the cost of the equipment in 1,3 or 5 years. Then work out a minimum charge per job to cover the cost of the equipment.

Don't forget to allow for replacement of parts that will be required during that time.

Re: raising pan 3 inches to fix problem.
There must be some problem if the pan has to be raised that high.
What are your regs on pan heights?

Sounds as if the problem could be the original install not complying with Rule No 1 of plumbing. (S**t does not flow uphill). Wonder how much the installation of the bathroom was in the first place....

You should go out and price yourself a drain camera.

Work out how many jobs a year you think you will use it, decide if you want to recover the cost of the equipment in 1,3 or 5 years. Then work out a minimum charge per job to cover the cost of the equipment.

Don't forget to allow for replacement of parts that will be required during that time.

Re: raising pan 3 inches to fix problem.
There must be some problem if the pan has to be raised that high.
What are your regs on pan heights?

I’ve had this problem in the past when connecting into soil pipe which goes into cast iron stack. It’s a pain, but sometimes you’re better off changing the whole soil stack.

As Oz says to raise to them heights is quite extreme dunno how your loo has flushed anything away !!!! How far away from your soil stack is the loo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is My Quote Fair?............. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello just joined and my 1st post on here . My friend has had a new combi boiler fitted then asked the same engineer a few months later to install 2 double panel radiators where the 2 single small panel ones were too small ,( they worked great got piping hot but there was just not enough output...
Replies
Views
hello i'd like to know if the following quote is broadly fair. house is four bed, three reception rooms and two bathroom, kitchen plus utility. Flush system as per manufacturer’s instructions. • Protect your home with carpet protector and dust sheets as required. The works for your system...
Replies
Views
I had a Vailant ecotec plus 838, installed end of June 2016. No problems with pressure at all until this summer (end of) when we finished a rear extension. N.B Central heating pipes on ground floor are approximately 30-80cm below the finished floor level as we have a raised concrete beam and...
Replies
Views
I'm stumped and I could do with some help. Went to a property today which has 3 floors. The property starts on the first floor of a building of 2 flats. There are 2 toilets on the 2nd floor of this property (which is the 3rd floor of the building) which I believe are both tee'd into the same...
Replies
Views
Thought it was best to start a new thread on this one. This is further to our verbally abusive customer I spoke about on our other thread. We fitted a bath for them which we tiled around and we also did a repair on their WC (new fill valve). Unfortunately, the flush valve started to leak when...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock