Search the forum,

Discuss Is there a programmable stat that can also do immersion heater? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Looking for help with finding a suitable controller.
Customer has oil Aga for central heating and hot water - simple enough. However over the summer months it gets shut down and any heat requirements are met by wood burner and hot water is produced electrically via cylinder immersion as they have a large solar array.

What the customer is after is an all in one programmable room thermostat with effectively 3 channels - heating, hot water and immersion heater hot water control.
I don't think such a product exists but would love to be proved wrong.

Many thanks

James

I don't think so the immersion is wired separate on it's own RCD and double pole switch. Not a 3amp switched fused spur the boiler and its controls run off. You can get immersion timers however but will be separate to the rest of the controls.

Yes and no you could run one in tandem with a 30 amp contactor

But have a word with a sparky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is there a programmable stat that can also do immersion heater? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

G
  • Question
I have just bought a flat and the water is heated via an old UV Gold immersion heater system. A plumber friend of mine suggested I look for a timer to control it but I haven’t been able to find anything. I have no idea how to control the hot water! Does anyone have any suggestions? Pics...
Replies
Views
E
Good evening everyone :), I’ve recently moved into a new flat that is completely electric (It’s got a dual immersion heater) and just had a smart meter installed. The dual immersion heater and has two separate switches - one is labelled top. I’ve had them both on since moving in but just seen...
Replies
Views
C
Hi, I'm English and live in the Czech Republic and I'm having difficulty with my heating system. Unfortunately, I cant find any heating engineer that speaks English! Both the engineer that built the fireplace and the heating engineer that service the system dont agree with each other on system...
Replies
Views
Hi, I would really appreciate some advice on a proposed change to my central heating circuit. I am able to divert excess electricity from my recent solar PV installation to one (or two) hot water tanks and I would like to plumb in a small hot water tank in parallel with my central heating...
Replies
Views
Dear All, My hot water cylinder (approx 45 years old) is fitted with a bottom mounted immersion heater controlled via a timer and an Essentials 7" TS220 thermostat bought from Screwfix. The cylinder itself is well lagged with two jackets and the timer kicks in every evening for 3 hours...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock