Search the forum,

Discuss Is this new look website ok ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Centralheatking

The old system seemed to work fine but this new one we find a bit of a nuisance
what says the rest of you ?

We thought we had logged on to the wrong site at first.

Why the change Mr. Moderator ?

centralheatking

tbh i think it is a lot better,dan has put a lot of effort into this re designed site its a better set up

i like the new look i have set my colours to red white and blue what has everyone else done?

steve

Looks fine to me, although when I click on the 'Electrical' button at the top it takes me to Tiling!

i quite like the new site that said i hadnt been browsing the old site that long

European regulations I am afraid,EEC Reg 4657778/879,we are part of Europe and have to embrace their ways of their forum set ups,its a kind of standardisation,so posters can move easily and freely between different European state forums,a multi lingual add on will be added soon that enables all posts to be translated into any european language of your chose,french,Spanish,german,italian,irish,geordie,scouse and even Brummie,this really is cutting edge technology ,even I may start making sense soon,however fear the technology is not that good !!!:D:D

or

The old forums were good but software moves on and the old was not being supported fully,this new software,forum design offers so much more, when you get use to it and can be developed a lot more to meet the forums needs as it develops,Dan always keeps a head of others and leads the way for others to follow,we are lucky to have such good admin

Hopefully as said once you have used new set up after using for a while and see extra add ons coming on line in the forum ,you will see the benefits however should you have any problems or concerns feel free to contact any of the mods or admin,I am an oldie but can see so many potential benefits in the new system and hope you will feel the same soon
:):)

Last edited by a moderator:
EEC reg do exist I know yours is a joke but everyone might not

avatar done thats me driving a porsche cayman at thruxton

steve

The only gripe I have with the new look is the size of the message box. When I'm trying to read threads via my phone its too cramped to read easily and pretty much impossible when its a quote. Any chance of getting it adjusted admin?

Cracking (and highly accurate!) post Puddle!!

Made me smile!

I seem to have to keep login in, whilst browsing. At least 5 times tonight!!!! Frustrating

Are you the stig ,steve !! respect

i wish no it was a birthday pressy you get driven round by an instructer to learn(ish) the track, then you drive the cayman with an instructor then you are let loose in a single seater limited to 100mph it was well good.

steve

still cant read messages as the are obscured by forum sponsors list a clearer distinction between the stickies and first post at the top of each list and how do i change the colors ?

It is even harder than before to navigate the site now, the main change I'd like to make though is not having so many seperate categorys like Plumbing, central heating, sanitryware, taps & valves tools etc.

I rarely have time to visit them all so just end up on the plumbing forum.

Why the need for all the categorys?

Well this is the 2nd site I frequent that has changed it's look in the last few weeks and sadly not for the better. I rarely use the other site now and I'm afraid I doubt I'll be on here much now. In my opinion it looks way to over engineered and lacks clarity.

But hey, what do I know ;)

It is even harder than before to navigate the site now, the main change I'd like to make though is not having so many seperate categorys like Plumbing, central heating, sanitryware, taps & valves tools etc.

I rarely have time to visit them all so just end up on the plumbing forum.

Why the need for all the categorys?

Hi Phil

We have the categories to form some order to the forums and make it easier for members and visitors to read posts ect in the area they are interested in at the time
If you are looking fot plumbing posts,you do not want to be wading through gas or general chit chat,you can just go from one plumbing post to another
If you wish to go through the latest variety of all topic posts in all forums,maybe used the whats new tab or scroll down to the bottom of the forums listing and run through the 'latest post listings',if you click on the small arrow next to were it says 'top 5 stats' you can increase the list size

:D:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well this is the 2nd site I frequent that has changed it's look in the last few weeks and sadly not for the better. I rarely use the other site now and I'm afraid I doubt I'll be on here much now. In my opinion it looks way to over engineered and lacks clarity.

But hey, what do I know ;)

I am not keen on the bright colours of some of the forum colour schemes and do find it detracts from the clarity but know many do
I have found if you change to the black and white colour chose at the bottom l/h side of page ,this improves the clarity of the forums for me,new colours will be coming on line

It may look over engineered,but looks can be deceptive,there are all the same basic functions as before ,all be it with different titles,if that is all you want to use

However it is true now you have more options for you to personalise your on line experience here if you wish and there are more options to expand the forum in different ways in the future

Hopefully it is not just the forum appearance that draws you here but the content too,which I hope you will agree is very good,however if you have any ideas how to improve it let us know
:):)

Excellent refresh, I was only on the old one a few days and found it really painful to navigate, this one is in line with most my other forums now. Good work.

Hi Dan,
Have logged in & out as suggested, but still can't every so often reply to a thread without logging out then in again, anymore advice thanks Aggis

I have also experienced this and will look out for other options posted to prevent this.:)regards turnpin

just posted a link for connaught going into admin , it shows up but without out underlining or anything , blends into the background if you see what i mean :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is this new look website ok ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Here are some similar plumbing topics

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock