Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Is this ok? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. P B

P B Member

Hi,
    Pipes going under 40mm shower tray with no access once fitted.
    Pipes avoiding obstricting tray waste ( approximately where pipe cutter is.
    Any foreseeable problems?
    Thanks

15322785050581059933484.jpg

2. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR

What do the plastic pipes supply?

3. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Rad or mixer shower maybe?

4. P B

P B Member

Towel rail on other wall. Used plastic as gone through joists.

5. P B

P B Member

Waste pipe was pulled up out way so elbow will be lower obv. :)

6. Scott_1979

Scott_1979 GSR

Any future problems ? Who knows but speedfit is acceptable in inaccessible areas. As long as it’s been pushed in and tightened properly it should be fine for 20+ years

7. Scott_1979

Scott_1979 GSR

Looking at the pic again if you wanted you could demount the fittings and solder elbows. Joining back into the plastic with fittings that aren’t going to be sited under the tray. Up to you though

8. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

looks fine to me fill the system before the tray goes down

9. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR

Bit of hair felt lagging where heating pipes touch wood or they may creek
    Insulate between cold water and heating pipes or the cold will be warmed

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. YorkshireDave

YorkshireDave Plumber

The only thing I would say is to cut off the waste as is and put your elbow etc on so there is far less under floor...
    Why?
    Cos if that much goes under floor it is extremely unlikely to have a decent fall on it. That WILL become a problem at some point. By lifting it as high as you can you will minimise the chances of those problem arising. Further, even if its slightly blocked now, the water running away properly will begin to clear existing small blockages.

I'm afraid I would redo the connections to the plastic so that there was NO stress from the bent pipework on the connection. SF are frankly not good at coping long term with that. It's very clear in the MIs that it should not be done. It specifies just a 5 degree max offset like that and specifically NO stress.

I'm with Shaun on the testing bit too. DO NOT forget to pressure test the waste too. Been there done it and paid the price :eek:

Good job. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR

Dont forget your pipe slice and screwdriver before you put the tray down .

Personally I wouldnt have those speedfit joints there

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Tim S

Tim S New Member

I'd loose the flexi's on the shower feeds too!

13. P B

P B Member

Thanks, do you mean make all copper all the way under tray and join somewhere in the floor area outside of the tray area?

14. P B

P B Member

Picture from other day to where trap goes. Will look at replacing SF's under there. Before all goes down.
    I have hower put SF's in wall on other side with copper feeds to towel rail .
    See the before image as in before it got plastered over.. So hope ok there? as not accessible any more.

DSC_1998.JPG

DSC_1994.JPG

15. P B

P B Member

Hi, Only put flexi on heating. Shower is copper already :)