Discuss Is ventilation required for a meter cupboard ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is ventilation required for a gas meter cupboard ?

Depends what meter and how big, why do you ask ?

Depends what meter and how big, why do you ask ?
domestic meter being installed as new and the company doing the work are querying ventilation.... i thought it would have been their remit as meter installers. I am installing the boiler etc and my client wants reassurance for the freeholder

if its under than u16 size then no, but they should know this and slightly worrying if they dont know there job,

if you want written advice either gas safe/igem or the manufacture of the meter

if its under than u16 size then no, but they should know this and slightly worrying if they dont know there job,

if you want written advice either gas safe/igem or the manufacture of the meter
Thanks Shaun
I tried contacting Gas Safe today but the office was closed !
I'll let the client know and have already flagged the point that the meter installers should know all their own requirements!
Thanks again

Is ventilation required for a gas meter cupboard ?

The meter guys may be referring to:

The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 Part C - Regulation 13(1)

"Where a meter is housed in a meter box or meter compound attached to or built into the external face of the outside wall of any premises, the meter box or meter compound shall be so constructed and installed that any gas escaping within the box or compound cannot enter the premises or any cavity in the wall but must disperse to the external air."

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1998/2451/regulation/13/made

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is ventilation required for a meter cupboard ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back