Search the forum,

Discuss Issue with a Cersanit toilet leaking when flushed in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there. I have a Cersanit close coupled toilet which as started leaking between the cistern and the bowl when flushed. I've taken the cistern off and this is what I see. I'm assuming the issue is with the silicon gasket (please see attached photos) but can't seem to find a replacement anywhere. Please could someone confirm I'm on the right track and if possible let me know where I can source a new gasket.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20240216_172646.jpg
    20240216_172646.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 20240216_172656.jpg
    20240216_172656.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 15
Make one out of a bit of foam eg slightly thicker than the existing gasket ?

The leak is going to be on the (rusty ) bolts that hold the cistern to the pan, probably rubber washers either side.
The large seal will need replacing now it's been disturbed as well.

This looks pretty close to what you need

The measurements of the gasket are on this link for the same part number to confirm if it will fit.

Last edited:
Ok - I ordered the kit which arrived today but the gasket is too long. If I reduce the size by cutting a section out of each side so it fits, is this likely to leak where I've made the cuts (even if I overlap slightly). I can't find any other alternative kits online so am a bit stumped.
Thanks

Ok - I ordered the kit which arrived today but the gasket is too long. If I reduce the size by cutting a section out of each side so it fits, is this likely to leak where I've made the cuts (even if I overlap slightly). I can't find any other alternative kits online so am a bit stumped.
Thanks
I would cut it to the right size and glue the cut ends accurately together with waterproof cyanoacrylate adhesive (super glue). You could add a bit of silicone sealant at the joints on the inside when you assemble it, but I think the super glue would aid correctly locating the gasket, and should keep the joints waterproof.

Reply to Issue with a Cersanit toilet leaking when flushed in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock