Search the forum,

Discuss Issue with flush on push button system (image attached) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bennyboy86

Hi everyone,

Recently our push button flusher has stopped working.
It seems as if air is escaping and not giving enough pressure to engage the flush.

Upon opening the unit and having a look, I noticed a rubber 'grommet' had popped up (see photo).

When I pushed this back into place, waahlaa it worked!

Can I replace just this piece, is there a easy fix?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

[PHOTO]

20160117_115839_resized2.jpg

Identify the valve and then You should be able to source the part or just purchase a replacement. If you can take the valve out and put a picture of it up on here I am sure someone could identify it for you. They usually turn anti-clockwise to unclip or have tabs at side you press in to release clips at the bottom.

Good luck

Hi mate,

Thanks for the response.
Which part is it that comes out, is it just the rubber part or the whole unit?

What is the 'rubber part' actually called?

Thanks,

works on air by the looks of it and diaphragm

The whole flush valve should twist out from its housing at the base of the cistern, you should not have to isolate the water to do this as water will just run into pan. If you can get a hand in to hold the housing as you untwist it then this should stop the housing from becoming loose. The valve looks to be a single pneumatic flush valve and I would guess the rubber part would be described as the flush valve bellows.

Hi mate,

Thanks for the response.
Which part is it that comes out, is it just the rubber part or the whole unit?

Thanks,

Benny boy, take a look at a current thread "Doc m syphon", there is a photo showing how most syphon valves separate. As said most twist 1/4 turn and lift but some have tabs you press to release.

Ha Ha, I like my apprentice`s to do some thinking and work for themselves. (Humour)

does that mean im getting paid :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Issue with flush on push button system (image attached) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, my Geberit duel push button has stopped flushing the toilet. When either button is pressed a small amount of water is released but not enough to flush the toilet. I have removed the plate holding the unit and pulled the 2 plastic tubes away. By blowing into the tubes the system flushes so I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I wonder if any can help? I have a vitra dual flush plate model name is 'loop'. All of a sudden the press buttons don't work (don't flush) They still spring back but don't appear to be pushing against anything. Any help would be very much appreciated. David
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Baxi Ecoblue System boiler which was recently serviced just before Christmas. There has since been a constant but slow drip coming from the black nylon plastic drain plug at the back of the boiler which is accessible from the underneath. It does not appear to be from the thread...
Replies
Views
I recently moved into a new flat and both toilets were dripping when not in use. I found that the issue was the flush valve seal and replaced it on both of them. It stopped the dripping but the issue now is that sometimes it sticks after flushing and I need to give it a wiggle to make it go back...
Replies
Views
Hi I recently fitted a brand new Macdee syphon into a toilet and 4 weeks later it is broken at the nut which allows it to be serviced. When pulling the handle to flush the toilet I did notice flex in the unit but not alot. Is this a common issue to happen with newer 2 part (serviceable...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock