Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss I've got my first Plumbing exam on Tuesday for Level 1 in College. What should I know and remember? in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. TioW99

TioW99 New Member

It's my first year for plumbing at college and so far liking it a lot and excited about it. I would like to know what should I definitely remember for my plumbing exam on tuesday? It seems like we learned mainly basic things but I was off in one of the days so I might have missed something important.

2. Scott_1979

Scott_1979 GSR

Probably best asking your tutor tbh!!

It's broken down into subjects usually so that should give you a specific area to study, what have you been learning? Exams these days are all on computers and multiple choice. And usually 2 of the answers are way off, good luck !

3. Resteros

Resteros New Member

Dont worry, this exam is not the hardest thing that will happen with you in your life;)

4. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

This the best advice ever ...

Read the question and understand what its asking before you answer .

Good luck

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chuck

Chuck Active Member

Get a good night's sleep in the few days before any exam. Sleep is an essential part of building memory.

As a longer term strategy, don't try to pass technical exams just by rote learning facts and procedures. Try to learn/understand the reasons behind them at the same time. When on site, try to recall what you have learned about a task first and only then consult your boss; actively using and recalling new knowledge is also a very important part of making it stick.

6. Dan

Dan Admin

Good luck :)

7. zzzjim

zzzjim Well-Known Member

(Some bits are sneaky lies - Just spot the politician ! )
    Good Luck .