Search the forum,

Discuss I've lost my........... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stani

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
as above I've lost my, I think it said well known member or something, do these just come and go?

yes if you dont do x amount of posts it goes but can come back if

Yes Stani. I believe it now all shifts depending on if you are regularily posting, or having a period of not posting.

It's a part of a strategy used by the designers of social media platforms to keep users coming back. Remarkably, simple things like badges and levels are sufficient to trigger the 'reward' centres in your brain. It's essentially the same mechanism responsible for addiction. A few more details here:

Social Media Triggers a Dopamine High

It works well, doesn't it? :)

Now hit me with some likes!!!

I just noticed there was only 2 lines under my name instead of three, Im not even convinced that's what it said.
I'll just keep to my 2 lines then when I'm down to none I will know it's time to go.

Rubbish idea just gets people adding to old long gone threads they`ve dug up or posting questions to questions to increase their post count. As somebody said Quality counts more than Quantity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I've lost my........... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock