Search the forum,

Discuss John Lewis cooker swap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

grow_fins

Gas Engineer
Does anyone know what John Lewis actually do when they swap over a gas or dual fuel cooker?
I'lll give them a call in the morning, they advertise removal and disposal of the old one for £9 and fitting a new one for £75-£85-£95 depending on whether it's a hob or stand alone dual fuel jobbie.
I can't believe they've got a GSR person in the van and I'm thinking that while anyone is allowed to connect or disconnect their own cooker assuming a bayonet connection of course, isn't it different if it's a job that a customer is paying for?
Wouldnt a tightness test, gas rate, check the rest of the installation etc be required?

i used to do them for best buy, got paid £60 each but had to collect and remove but was at least 4 a day so not a bad earner.
i took the crap ones to base and scrap man collected them or i dropped of at scrap merchant for £4 each, the good ones i sold on for £50/60
they obviously got gsr to do them however, i believe j lewis just send the driver and a lad to plug in. they then send gsr if theres a problem and over charge for the hat wringing to the public.

remember also. 'never knowingly oversold' lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to John Lewis cooker swap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock