Search the forum,

Discuss Joist reinforcement for soil pipe hole in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone need a little help. I am planing on moving my bathroom and need to run a new soil pipe. Luckily for the most part the joists don’t get in the way except at either end of the run.

My joists are 175mmx60mm, obviously I don’t have death wish so can’t just punch a 115mm hole either end through the joist. I have been looking at these metwood steel joist reinforces, they make them for 8x2inch US beams but can make custom ones for my beams and allow upto a 4.5 inch hole (115mm) hole. Anyone have any experience with these? If not what other options do I have? I can’t run it over the top as there is floor to ceiling windows in would run in front of and can’t put in a new soil stack. It has go through through the joist one way or another.

The other thing I have seen which I saw on the web but can’t find again annoyingly is some sort of sleeve which replaces the end part of the joist with steel that can then have a hole in it. I made a crude drawing to show.

If not any other ideas?

Many thanks

James

9A1E2D6A-1D26-4EDC-BA94-34B5E43FB922.jpeg

1FBE2955-CE58-4983-99A3-FEB0B6EDE60C.jpeg

558B96D5-CE13-45AF-9E0B-C2D3365D9655.jpeg

your best option is to contact the local building control or get a structural engineer to have a look

As above. Definitely a structural engineer job, building control will want to see the calculations.

As above dont do anything before talking to a structural engineer and building control . cheers kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Joist reinforcement for soil pipe hole in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock