Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Kalderwei / Trojan baths in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. Dbas

Dbas New Member

Hi all,

I'm looking to replace my bath, and I was recommended a Kalderwei Eurowa bath. I read that Kalderwei baths are manufactured in Germany, and are supposedly good quality. I suspect Eurowa is probably bottom of their range as it isn't even listed on their website, but I was recommended that from the Victoria Plumbing website.

My other thought was a Trojan bath. Victoria Plumbing has just one Trojan Bath - the Trojan Granada II acrylic bath.

I mention these two just because they are on Victoria Plumbing's website... which I suppose my fitter gets a trade discount from.

Any thoughts on either of these two brands, anyone?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Phil

Phil Plumber

Trojan baths made in Huddersfield, Victorian plumbing do a trade discount? Where do I sign up?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dbas

Dbas New Member

4. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Just because it says trade log- in please dont assume we get it any cheaper, we dont. .
    I am also very supprised they are selling decent branded baths , both are good , but just check the acrylic thickness especially if its a shower bath .

5. Dbas

Dbas New Member

Ah I see, thanks for helping to clarify @townfanjon@townfanjon. One of the fitters said he can get various trade discounts, I (mistakenly) assumed Victoria Plumbing would be included.

What is the minimum thickness I should be looking for in acrylic baths? It is a shower bath I'm looking for.
    Thanks in advance

6. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

If it's a stnd shape bath I would if you could go with a good quality steel bath

7. muggles

muggles Member

8. johnf

johnf Active Member

Eurowa baths are good. They come in a couple of different thicknesses. They are steel, you can have grips, anti slip etc as add ons. We put a couple in last year and all customers happy. They are good value for money.

9. CHRISX

CHRISX Member

Hello Dbas,

I would recommend that You go for a `Supersteel` Bath and I recommend Bette baths which are manufactured in Germany.

I have one of these Bette Supersteel baths in my own Home and they are FAR superior to a `normal` / inexpensive Steel bath - the steel is thicker and the enamelling is also of a superior quality on Bette baths.

However - with Bathrooms almost invariably `you get what you pay for` - and Bette Supersteel baths are not `Cheap` - either in quality of manufacture or price.

Here is a link to a Bette baths Supplier / one example which is heavily discounted at present - £287.00 off RRP:

Bette SET Rectangular Super Steel Bath 1600 x 750mm - 3660 000 [Code No.]

This is longer and larger than a standard sized Bath - the wider section to accommodate a Showering area - but note there are no Tap holes.

There are a lot of Bette baths to choose from regarding Size and Shape if you search around.

Chris

Last edited: May 30, 2017