1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Dismiss Notice

Couple of important things to note. 1. We use Cookies, deal with it. Every website does. 2. Nobody but a currently-registered Gas Engineer should be touching gas or gas appliances. Don't mess with gas at all. 

Discuss Kalderwei / Trojan baths in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. Dbas

Dbas New Member

Hi all,

I'm looking to replace my bath, and I was recommended a Kalderwei Eurowa bath. I read that Kalderwei baths are manufactured in Germany, and are supposedly good quality. I suspect Eurowa is probably bottom of their range as it isn't even listed on their website, but I was recommended that from the Victoria Plumbing website.

My other thought was a Trojan bath. Victoria Plumbing has just one Trojan Bath - the Trojan Granada II acrylic bath.

I mention these two just because they are on Victoria Plumbing's website... which I suppose my fitter gets a trade discount from.

Any thoughts on either of these two brands, anyone?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Phil

Phil Plumber

Trojan baths made in Huddersfield, Victorian plumbing do a trade discount? Where do I sign up?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dbas

Dbas New Member

4. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Just because it says trade log- in please dont assume we get it any cheaper, we dont. .
    I am also very supprised they are selling decent branded baths , both are good , but just check the acrylic thickness especially if its a shower bath .

5. Dbas

Dbas New Member

Ah I see, thanks for helping to clarify @townfanjon@townfanjon. One of the fitters said he can get various trade discounts, I (mistakenly) assumed Victoria Plumbing would be included.

What is the minimum thickness I should be looking for in acrylic baths? It is a shower bath I'm looking for.
    Thanks in advance

6. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

If it's a stnd shape bath I would if you could go with a good quality steel bath

7. muggles

muggles Member

8. johnf

johnf Active Member

Eurowa baths are good. They come in a couple of different thicknesses. They are steel, you can have grips, anti slip etc as add ons. We put a couple in last year and all customers happy. They are good value for money.