Search the forum,

Discuss Kamco powerflush in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bruno lang

Hi who supplies the kamco cf40 or cf90 powerflush machine at de best price?! I will be getting it sent over here to ireland

Go for a MagnaCleanse, cheaper, no moving parts and much more impressive to show customer collected magnetite.

Go for a MagnaCleanse, cheaper, no moving parts and much more impressive to show customer collected magnetite.

Or better still, buy the Kamco direct from the manufacturer, and buy the Combimag unit which also impresses customers by catching the debris. And allows you to use an immersion heater fire when the boiler is dead.

Ones a magnetic filter and ones a power flush machine, they are two different things and best used together. Magnetic filters on there own are not as good as a machine.

Contacted Matthew in kamco and he's posting me out info on the cf40 the cf90 and the combimag. I like the idea of the magnetic filter as can show the customer what the system is like and what they're getting for they're money. Starting up doing boiler servicing and planning on doing powerflushing too so if I register for vat I can save a good bit on cost as it'll be working out over €2000 otherwise

Getting a substantial discount from a supplier here in ireland compared to kamco directs prices. From those who own one would the cf40 meet all my needs or should I go for the cf90 when I'm buying. Will be using it with the combimag dual filter as water charges coming in here and they'd be out watching de meter spinning around!!

40 is fine unless your gunna do very large systems.

tbh you will need to dump untill the wata is within range. this will take as long as it takes and cost what it costs. Just explain this to your customer.

The way I'm thinking is is itprobably better to have than want!? For the sake of a few hundred euro! Also combimag single or dual filter with the heat element?

If it were me I'd have the 90. And the magnacleanse but I already own the magnawotsit. I have used the kamco magnet and my only grumble was the seal on it kept leaking but that was down to its age. In comparison I wouldn't say one collects any more or any less then the other, but the magnathingy is a double unit

If it were me I'd have the 90. And the magnacleanse but I already own the magnawotsit. I have used the kamco magnet and my only grumble was the seal on it kept leaking but that was down to its age. In comparison I wouldn't say one collects any more or any less then the other, but the magnathingy is a double unit
So you'd recommend the cf90 with the magnacleanse filter? Would you do many flushes a month? No1 doing powerflushing within a 40-50 mile radius so planning on starting after I do the course and do 1 or 2 of the families houses for practice!

but the kamco has a bypass and is see through :)

Or better still, buy the Kamco direct from the manufacturer, and buy the Combimag unit which also impresses customers by catching the debris. And allows you to use an immersion heater fire when the boiler is dead.

Thats the one one ive got conect the flusher up and tee in the magnetic filter tube and tee in the heater awesome !! The customer loves to see the water wishing round and catching the crud

I've used both and got on better with the 90, the 40 seemed to foam up the chemicals.

I bought an equivalent for a cheaper price it's the Calflush max. Exactly the same as the kamco before they changed the design, so far been really pleased with it.

I also bought the magnacleanse and joined the two together so I have the best of both worlds as they can be used independently or combined depending on how manky it is.

It's good to warm the water also to see the water spinning around the tube collecting crud

Planning on the cf90 and the combimag as the magnacleanse as far as I know doesn't heat which would prob be an advantage. Would a rubber mallet be recommended or an sds drill and the agitator??

magna clean is limited on its own. You still need a more powerful flush to shift the sludge and stuff.

Both together is overkill imlo. if the powerflush machine is any good then a magna clean attached to the power flush is really not needed, it looks good but showing customer the start and correct finish ph would do ?

Last edited by a moderator:
before and after thermal pictures of each rad, ph and tds readings in a report is best.

the kamco filter is handy being transparent. I used mine today.

PF3.jpg
PF2.jpg
PF1.jpg

magna clean is limited on its own. You still need a more powerful flush to shift the sludge and stuff.

Both together is overkill imlo. if the powerflush machine is any good then a magna clean attached to the power flush is really not needed, it looks good but showing customer the start and correct finish ph would do ?

Can't see see how it is overkill, it saves water by reducing how much you need to chuck down the drain and gives a good indication to the customer on what's been achieved. It takes me 15 seconds longer to attach it inline. Put it this way, what is the negative effect?

pH paper is like snake oil to most customers, what's to say you didn't dip it under the tap.

Also, have you seen the result of a magnacleanse on its own? I've pulled a load of junk out from seemingly clean systems. I use is as an addition to a chemical flush when a powerflush isn't nessecary. Its a good system in the right circumstance.

Ive never seen the point in a PH test as unless you use acidic chemicals, which I don't, the system will be full of fresh water. TDS is good, I picked up one from eBay for about £6.

The only problem with it is the recommendation of 10% above tap water where I live doesn't leave a lot of room, my tap water is about 35ppm. I tend to allow 100ppm which is still spot on.

Last edited:
image.jpgI love flushing with the full set up !! Quite bulky but the customer feels like they are getting more for there buck watching the clear tube and the stuff sticking to the magnet and it's good that I can heat while you awesome

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing like a bit of suspense!

ive used the kamco mag and it does the job well and quite like peering in although I think the magnacleanse is better value.

Do you not find the cf40 creates a lot of bubbles and foam with the chemicals?

never used the 90 so cant compare, but i do find acid chems alittle bublier :)

i prefere the kamco filter due to the clear shell and the bypass. I guess you like what you have ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kamco powerflush in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I got the water tested in my flat which has high chlorine levels and I am going to get a under the sink filter chlorine remover fitted as I am sensitive to the chlorine levels. My question is that the filter will be fitted on the kitchen cold water pipe under the sink but the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a worcester 22mm greenstar magnetic filter. The screw lid is seized on and I mean really tight, not sure how this has happened as it wasn't put on really tight but I have removed it from the system and the lid won't budge. Any hidden tips to get this damn thing off? Thank you.
Replies
Views
Hi! I have mostly underfloor heating in my house and one new radiator and two old. A bit of metal pipes and three manifolds, but mostly PEX-pipes. The heat source is a Vaillant FlexoCompact 88/4 heatpump. The plumbers which installed the heatpump added Elysator Sanol (cleaning agent) and...
Replies
Views
Excellent Prices on Kamco Powerflush Machines. Professional, Versatile, Easy to use, highly effective products for flushing heating systems - Get yours today - https://corgi-direct.com/power-flush-machines-18089-0000… #kamco #Powerflush #Heatingsystems
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original heating installed when the house was built, and this revision was largely to replace a life-expired boiler: non-condensing fan flue boiler open...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock