Search the forum,

Discuss Kitchen mixer manufacturer, anyone? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys

Could anybody give me some idea as to who makes this mixer-tap. It needs 2 new O-rings and I was unable to obtain the exact size as the original. Thanks for any advice.

IMG_5839.JPG IMG_5838.JPG

Thanks, Sam, but I have that very kit and another in addition. All the O-rings are too thick; I have tried several but it is then impossible to get the spout back into the tap body.

Many out there just like that but looks a bit like a Hudson Reed to me.....regards Turnpin:)

Borrow a pair of vernier calipers. Take an o-ring out (assuming both the same). Measure internal diameter of groove. Measure Width of groove.
The O-rings you'll need are sized ID (internal diameter first) so for example if the internal dia is 24.00mm you'll need a 24ID O-ring. If the groove is 2mm wide, you'll need approx a 1.8mm section o-ring, maybe 1.7mm.

So you'll be looking for 24mm x 1.8mmm O-ring. BTW, BIGGER section is NOT better. An o-ring only needs to be compressed 10% (so a 1.8mm section gets squashed to 1.68mm) to do its job perfectly

If you have a 2mm section o-ring that's 20mm ID that will also possibly fit as they stretch a very long way. However, it will not last too long and will eventually snap. It may however get you out of a leaky hole in the short term.

ALWAYS leave a gap in the o-ring groove when the o-ring is fitted. Because as the o-ring is squashed in, there must be somewhere for the squashed material to go away. Having nowhere is why you cant get what you have to fit. Push hard simply slices chunks off the o-ring.

When fitting, use SILICONE grease to lube. Never petroleum grease or similar.

You are also looking for either Nitrile or EPDM material. EPDM is more robust, Nitrile cheaper. DO NOT use VITON. It's unsuitable for potable water.

turnpin: Thanks for the tip but HR maintain that it is not one of their own.

YorkshireDave: Some very useful advice here, Dave. Unfortunately I was asked to look at the tap issue whilst in the middle of another job so did not have calipers. Usually if I am unable to supply an O-ring from my own kit/s then one of our plumbers’ merchants will match with the correct size. The O-rings in this case are unusually thin (1.5mm or less) and could not be supplied by anybody. Next step will be to get the digital calipers out of the box.

Tim S: Is that Hayes Plumbing at West Drayton? If so it seems that their website is under maintenance. Thanks in any case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kitchen mixer manufacturer, anyone? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock