Search the forum,

Discuss Kitchen mixer tap problem - can't disassemble... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. I thought this would be a simple job - fixing a leaking kitchen tap. I took the cover off, removed the screw and expected the tap head to come off. I can't figure out how to get it off. The assembly is shown in the photo below. How do I get the tap head off to get at the washer?
tap.jpg.html

Please...

tap.jpg

Looks like it is on splines, should pull off, been there for awhile so will probably need encouragement ie tap tap with a mallet or 2 screwdrivers to pry it off. Mind your knuckles if it suddenly gives!

Edit, can`t see clearly but is that a circlip I see?

No, it's just a plastic rim as far as I can tell. Seems to be ready to break up. I'll try pulling the tap head of as you suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kitchen mixer tap problem - can't disassemble... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock