Search the forum,

Discuss Landlord dispute gas boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its f*****g ridiculous now. If i wanted to reduce costs i would have turned down the thermostat on the wall or switched heating off

Exactly and agree it's getting stupid now

Do bg have notes / how do they know it wasn't before they came/ then ?

Exactly and agree it's getting stupid now

Do bg have notes / how do they know it wasn't before they came/ then ?
I havent a clue mate nothings been made available to me. I just hope the deposit protection scheme are intelligent and clued up enough not to get taken in by the bullshit. Whatever happens though i would like to thank you immensely for your advice

Good luck

Thats awful, the good news is that any alterations away from manufacturers specs will make the boiler run less efficient and hence use more gas... lol hopefully even a lay judge could work that out.

As a non gas qualified plumber, I wouldn't know what exactly would happen to the boiler if those screws were tampered with. Therefore for the benefit of a judge, I think it would be essential that a well qualified gas engineer did a letter to explain what Shaun and others have said - re adjusting the screws not being a fuel saving ploy, to nonsense the allegations.
Also if the OP has an unblemished record as a tenant, etc, then all proof of that should be used.

As a non gas qualified plumber, I wouldn't know what exactly would happen to the boiler if those screws were tampered with. Therefore I think it would be essential that a well qualified gas engineer did a letter to explain what Shaun and others have said - re adjusting the screws not being a fuel saving ploy.
Also if the OP has an unblemished record as a tenant, etc, then all proof of that should be used.

Think of pump pressure point (oil burners) same deal

Think of pump pressure point (oil burners) same deal

Thanks Shaun. I wasn't sure, but sort of knew the gas valves were sometimes adjusted there for flow rates or whatever it does. Some have a factory seal paint over the screws I think I recall?
Surely tampering with the screws by a novice could be dangerous

Thanks Shaun. I wasn't sure, but sort of knew the gas valves were sometimes adjusted there for flow rates or whatever it does. Some have a factory seal paint over the screws I think I recall?
Surely tampering with the screws by a novice could be dangerous

Some do and some don't

Yes and no won't effect the boiler much but would realise gas into the room (hence the mastic I think)

Just a test point for burner pressure and inlet (incoming pressure)

They look like test points to connect your pressure meter, the actual adjustments would be done at other points. Typical point to connect to when servicing, rather than adjustment. Almost un-believable a non gas person would use these to make fuel saving adjustments. As mentioned i have encountered these that have fallen apart in my hands and it is a butt wrenching moment to resolve as a pro. I would not have thought of using silicon though, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Landlord dispute gas boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock