Search the forum,

Discuss landlord in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if you take him to court and win but he still refuses to pay?

if it's a business you can file a winding up order, if it's an individual you can file for personal bankruptcy, I think there are a couple of other things you can do but just the threat is generally enough for people to cough up the dosh

if it's a business you can file a winding up order, if it's an individual you can file for personal bankruptcy, I think there are a couple of other things you can do but just the threat is generally enough for people to cough up the dosh
Winding up order? Does this mean that he can be forced to cease trading?

it can take 5 years and many court hearings even if he has been found to be liable to pay. then gets the £5 a month option as the only law is pay up, not how quickly.

my bro-in-law won a case where his former employer didnt pay comissions due to him, 2 years ago.
now its back to court to make a liability order or something.
then a bailif route.

Winding up order? Does this mean that he can be forced to cease trading?

If a winding up order is served then yes basicaly it's the end of trading, bank account is frozen, administrators in, directors out, asset stripping blah blah. The trouble with scumlords is defining whether they are an individual or a business, it's complicated, the revenue taxes them like a business (they call it a UK Rental Business) but the courts may see it differently, I find out conclusively next April

it can take 5 years and many court hearings even if he has been found to be liable to pay. then gets the £5 a month option as the only law is pay up, not how quickly.

my bro-in-law won a case where his former employer didnt pay comissions due to him, 2 years ago.
now its back to court to make a liability order or something.
then a bailif route.

Was your bro-inlaw employed by a limited company? I'm no lawyer but I believe it may be slightly different for a rental business as it's based on assets, I was told by a fairly smart chap that an owned property can be forcefully sold to settle a court ordered debt...but I don't know for sure

safest bet with landlords is to ask them to provide boiller themselves and then you only worry about lost time and few consumables less risky these days

Was your bro-inlaw employed by a limited company? I'm no lawyer but I believe it may be slightly different for a rental business as it's based on assets, I was told by a fairly smart chap that an owned property can be forcefully sold to settle a court ordered debt...but I don't know for sure
yes i believe so.
he won the case in september.
they awarded him full settlement plus lost interest.
they then told him he would recieve 8% per week until paid, say, thats back in september and still not paid up!. its around £15k at the moment.
obviously this guy knows how to play the game and when it comes to it he will more than likely close the business and start up in another name/.

yes i believe so.
he won the case in september.
they awarded him full settlement plus lost interest.
they then told him he would recieve 8% per week until paid, say, thats back in september and still not paid up!. its around £15k at the moment.
obviously this guy knows how to play the game and when it comes to it he will more than likely close the business and start up in another name/.

there really are some horrible people out there!

Tell all estate agents and all trades in your area to avoid him, because he is a bad bad man who likes to ruin peoples lives/careers and let’s hope he gets killed by a bus this weekend.

Sell the debt onto a recovery firm.

Get a super soaker filled with brake fluid, do a 'drive-by' and destroy his car, repeat this for the next few cars he gets!

Make his life crap for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi guys got debt collection team onto him mr policeman advised me not to go to premises again as they would lock me up so had to go down bailiff road dont you just love it when the law off our country supports the goats what rip us off lol i love this country

Last edited by a moderator:
hi guys got debt collection team onto him mr policeman advised me not to go to premises again as they would lock me up so had to go down bailiff road dont you just love it when the law off our country supports the goats what rip us off lol i love this country

many an injustice in this green and pleasant land, hope you get it sorted vectra

Hi guys

Ive had a couple of bad payers in last few months lost £500 on the one as no contract or anything signed so solicitor advise was would be wasting my time. I learnt from that and have a basic form now a work order form it has the custards signature on it agreeing to the work and the payment date etc on it. That got my money on my other debt only £50 debt but not going to lose any more money to bad customers. Also do customer survey report where custard say how the service was so there is no say the job was crap to try not pay. End of day message is dont trust any custard no matter if they have been regular customers still fill forms out and get there signature then your safe.

kind regards
mitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to landlord in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock