Search the forum,

Discuss Lead pipes connecting to 22mm copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

bacon_sandwich

Gas Engineer
OK I have so far managed to avoid or replace lead pipes, but not this job.

Any recommendation for fitting to go from lead OD 25mm to 28mm - all three pipes have a different OD, lol to 22mm copper ?
many thanks

Lead lock

Philmac utc to copper

thx, have left site now so will just get a range of leadloks and try and work out which one fits what, lol, Philmacs look a bit chunky and i am rammed up against the wall. BTW, any idea when lead was stopped being installed, before i was born i think.......reason i ask is that the heating system is pretty old but for some reason there is lead pipes to the system tank , whereas all the rest of the pipework is either steel or copper, its almost as if the tank was there before the current, very old , heating system. I am changing the tank cos its old rusty and client does not want a leak.

prob was an old single pipe system

also they used to run lead for the mains services

Reply to Lead pipes connecting to 22mm copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, grateful for any advice I need to connect a dishwasher waste water outflow pipe 25mm to 50mm waste pipe. Is there a joining piece anyone can recommend? Maybe with some appropriate tape. The waste pipe is in the wall but was trimmed at some point (unnecessarily) to only 10mm extruding from...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to connect 3/4" copper to 22mm copper in an old house. However it appears that the 3/4" is actually slightly smaller (measured at 21.1mm) than it normally is. This means I've been unable to use the special 3/4 to 22mm compression fittings as the olive is just too loose...
Replies
Views
Most grateful for any advice on the fittings reqired to enable 22mm feeds into the mixer taps via the chrome extension pipes customer supplied in a kit with no instructions. The taps are 'Homes 1924 Bathrooms' This is a free standing kit. There chrome pipe is 35mm internal with a detachable...
Replies
Views
I have moved our washing machine into the garage but there isn’t a drain for the waste pipe. The attached image is of the waste pipe with the condensate pipe from the boiler, can I use a tee join and connect the washing machine pipe? The pipe leads outside and is saddled to the main waste pipe.
Replies
Views
Hi thank you for letting me join this forum . We have an air to water heat pump but the bungalow is piped in micro bore 10mm pipe which doesn’t look well piped , kinky in pipes in some places ,some of the rad don’t heat up too well , probably because of the badly piped system, the pipe is all...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock