Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Leak from shower manifold at back of steam shower cabinet in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Dipole21

Dipole21 New Member

I have a problem with my steam shower cabinet in that there is a pin hole leak at the back of the cabinet from the housing which sits around the thermostatic valve - not sure how else to describe it. So I need to find a replacement for it, so hope you can help. This housing is a chrome-coloured cylindrical manifold which seems to be of welded or braized construction. I've attached a picture to try and better explain what it is - I don't even know what to call it! The leak is from the area marked by with a circle where the vertical pipe joins the cylindrical part. I believe the cabinet is a Saninova Maax. Any ideas please?

Alternatively if there are no replacement parts available, would it be possible to replace the whole shower within the existing steam cabinet configuration?

Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_20170502_180251055.jpg

2. JCplumb

JCplumb Plumber

You'll be lucky.
    If you can get a manufacturers name then that's your best bet - send them an email. These cabinets are often unbranded chinese imports though so again, you'll be lucky.
    Sorry I couldn't give you the answer you want but I've had run ins with steam shower cabinets before and they very rarely end well.

3. moonlight

moonlight Plumber GSR

The company in the Uk has been dissolved, I read on the net parts are available from the states :( and some from Italy. Good luck sorting yours. By the way what does the front look like?

4. Dipole21

Dipole21 New Member

That's bad news but thanks for the info. Any ideas of who to try in the US/Italy?

I've attached a photo of the shower front.

Cheers

IMG_20170205_163107013.jpg

5. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I recently had this in my daughters old house , forget getting any parts, or if you are lucky go buy a lottery ticket .
    I threw the original valve.
    I bought a bar mixer bracket (£20 ish toolstation sell them ) plumbed it in from the back and fitted a cheap bar mixer . It works a treat and at least the cubical was up and running again , without the expence of a new shower.

• Like Like x 1