Search the forum,

Discuss Leak from tf1 filter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
A few weeks ago I was called out, every morning the customer gets up and there is a pool of water on the floor.

When I went no leak to be found. Tied some blue roll round the tf1 valves, told them to keep an eye on it. Next morning, blue roll on the valves was wet and water on the floor. I went back disconnected the tf1, remade the joints on the valves and refitted.

All was good until today, problem has reoccurred, cust said seems to be since the heating has been off for a few days.

I'm thinking since it's cooled down and everything has contracted slightly this is the cause of it.
I know this is long winded for something so trivial but what size washers do the valves take? 1"?

Is it worth getting a seal kit or better to replace completely and eliminate risk of a call back?

Known to be problems replace whole filter

They don't liked to be messed with

Had the same myself this week leaking out the valves and lid on a Tf1 filter replaced the whole thing , one thing i did think was 18 rads on this system and a 638 valliant a pressurised hot water cylinder no where near enough expansion had been allowed for so this must put a strain on the joints on the filter?. Cheers kop

Last edited:
Straight swap bud 7pm service and repair couldnt mess around not my first choice but got a deal on it filter + express f1 and f5 £80+vat . cheers kop

I replace the seals and the filters are fine.

Silicone grease the threads and the seals that helps to have had a few leakers though till i did this . Cheers kop

If you remove the lid on a TF1 it should have a new seal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leak from tf1 filter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock