Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking filling loop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Laurie49

Hi, I've got a Potterton Promax He Store boiler and one of the valves is leaking on the filling loop when it's closed. Doesn't leak when it's open. Other valve isn't leaking externally but must have a slight problem in the valve it's self as the pressure is constantly rising.. Is there any way I can quick fix this so I can go to bed?
Cheers

Fill kettle so you can make a brew, fill bath so you can flush the loo.
Turn off mains water, stops pressure rising and keeps heating going.
Fit new filling loop in morning.

If unsure about replacing filling loop, purchase two brass caps 1/2"BSP and two 1/2" rubber shower washers. Flexible part of filling loop can then be removed and connections blanked using caps with washers inside to make seal. Restore mains water for hot and cold plus heating.
Brass cap ref: Toolstation code 39862

The flexi pipe should always be disconnected and never left permanently attached. It is only meant to be used to fill/top up the pressure and then removed and best practise as joni os pointed out is to cap the valves off once flexi pipe is removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking filling loop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock