Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking hotwater return on cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a leak on the hot water return on my cylinder it has lots of places looking tape around the connection. I wanted to ask if it's possible to replace this connection or I need a new cylinder.

Thanks for your help.

New cylinder I would

That's the hot water draw off from the top of the cylinder, I think? It does look like it's already been bodged, sadly. If that's an unlagged cylinder then the chances are it's already a good number of years old.

Of course almost anything that can be made can be repaired, but if its a standard-size cylinder you'd struggle to get the repair done to a good standard for a price that would justify the saving over a new cylinder.

Basically what Shaun said, in 10 times as many words :)

That looks very much like an essex flange.

Not particularly difficult or expensive to replace but looks
a very ancient cylinder.

Would recommend new cylinder here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking hotwater return on cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am trying to link a Hive heating & hot water dual channel receiver to an old Vaillant THERMOcompact VU GB 242/1 E system boiler. It has an internal programmer that is similar to a time switch 120 (plug in seven day programmer) This programmer is connect to a terminal strip using 345 (three...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, Hi wonder if anyone could help? I have a customer that has recently had backflow problems with her cylinder. She gets very hot water coming through her cold taps in her 3 floored property. I recently changed her ground floor basin taps and in doing so had to drain down the cylinder as a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, new to this forum and looking for a bit of advice please. Have been noticing recently some odd behaviour with our hot water system. If we go away for the weekend, leave Friday afternoon and back Sunday night, the hotwater is lukewarm at best up our return Sunday evening. I then need...
Replies
Views
T
Hi We urgently need to get our h/w cylinder replaced because it's leaking. Our current system is oil boiler feeding underfloor downstairs, radiators upstairs and an unvented hot water cylinder for hot water. We are thinking of moving to a heat pump at some point but aren't ready to do this. My...
Replies
Views
Firstly I won't be touching or going anything... I only want advice if this is right.. my partners dad has a aga that is solid fuel unregulated heat source and a oil boiler. The problem the hit water cylinder doesn't have a stat thus why the hot water is roasting hot but there is a pipe stat on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock