Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking Limescale Remover in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chris Flinders

I have a LIFF lime scale remover fitted to my cold water pipe under the kitchen sink - just before it feeds into the boiler.
This lime scale remover is leaking, I'm not sure if it's leaking at the connectors or from the unit itself.
It's only dripping, it's not gushing out.

I'm also having problems with my gas boiler. Could the leak be causing major problems with the boiler?
As it's only dripping, I wouldn't have thought it would affect the boiler much?

Also, when the British Gas engineer came to look at my boiler, he said he couldn't do anything about
the leak, and that I would need to call a plumber. Does that sound right? Don't British Gas
deal with things like that?

I've just done one with exactly the same problem.
3/4 - 15mm Adapters needed resealing on the ends.

It won't be affecting the boiler.

for once i will support bg, if you have a boiler service contract, why would that include the limescale remover? if you send a car in for a service, would you expect them to repair the lighting on your caravan as well?

for once i will support bg, if you have a boiler service contract, why would that include the limescale remover? if you send a car in for a service, would you expect them to repair the lighting on your caravan as well?

Well they call it a service contract... But in reality they give your boiler a safety check!

My comment was based rather on the overall BG contract vs a local engineer... They would at least be able to repair the leak etc...

If my car went in for a service Id probably leave the caravan at home.

Sounds like connections need re making, the scale reducer is on the cold water feed and wouldnt be part of the boiler so i suspect the bg guy was right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking Limescale Remover in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock