Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking tap - Franke Wave in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mo7

Hi

2 queries

I have a Franke Wave tap which is dripping water when the levers are turned off - from basic research it looks like I may need to replace the valves.

I presume there is one each handle?

https://www.tapsandsinksonline.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/franke-wave-tap-valves.jpg

Anyone ever done this and have any tips on how to do it for this tap?

Secondly, this tap is leaking and in the few days it will take me to get the parts it will keep leaking. My tap has the main house stopcock just under it (about 80cm below) but no isolation valve. I don't want to turn off the water to the whole house overnight if I can help it. I presume no isolation valve was put on because it is a short run from the stopcock up to the tap and they figured I could turn the stopcock of if I wanted to change the tap but they don't appear to have accounted for wanting to turn the tap off for long periods but not isolate the house. Any reason not to put an isolation valve on it and then turn off the supply overnight to stop the leak.

Also is there any benefit in trying to 'seal' the end of the tap so water cannot come out when it is off? I presume if it is blocked and there is little pressure the water will stop coming out. Any tips on how I could do it so its easy to get on and off?

Hi

2 queries

I have a Franke Wave tap which is dripping water when the levers are turned off - from basic research it looks like I may need to replace the valves.

I presume there is one each handle?

https://www.tapsandsinksonline.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/franke-wave-tap-valves.jpg

Anyone ever done this and have any tips on how to do it for this tap?

Secondly, this tap is leaking and in the few days it will take me to get the parts it will keep leaking. My tap has the main house stopcock just under it (about 80cm below) but no isolation valve. I don't want to turn off the water to the whole house overnight if I can help it. I presume no isolation valve was put on because it is a short run from the stopcock up to the tap and they figured I could turn the stopcock of if I wanted to change the tap but they don't appear to have accounted for wanting to turn the tap off for long periods but not isolate the house. Any reason not to put an isolation valve on it and then turn off the supply overnight to stop the leak.

Also is there any benefit in trying to 'seal' the end of the tap so water cannot come out when it is off? I presume if it is blocked and there is little pressure the water will stop coming out. Any tips on how I could do it so its easy to get on and off?
Fit the isolation valves don`t try blocking the end of the tap.

Order 2 new cartridges and then turn the water off and fit them.How old is the tap ? is it still in guarantee ?

It is only about 16 months old.

I have seen online that it is worth taking the ceramic bits out and trying to descale them. I do live in a hardwater area so may try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking tap - Franke Wave in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock