Search the forum,

Discuss legionnaires test failure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
A kitchen tap thats in regular use has failed a legionnaires test, ive been asked to clear out the pipes? I know they have an isolated shower, maybe a dead leg somewhere but not directly on this pipe. So can it be a dirty pipe even if in regular use? I always saw this as a stagnant static water/temp issue. Anyone dealt with this before?

Who has tested this?
In what way has it failed?
Is this Hot, Cold or Mixed?
Where does the Cold and Hot originate from?
Have both those locations been tested and cleared as O.K?

What was the exact statement that instructs you to "Clear out the pipes"?

Failing a Legionnaires Test and Clearing out the pipes are 2 phrases I've never seen in a report or heard spoken, in more than 20 years of working in buildings with regularly monitored water systems.

Last edited:
Some independent water inspection company. "The water in the kitchen has failed a leggionaires test we know that the tap is relatively new and the temperature has been checked and is fine we therefore believe that the pipes from the tap to the mains needs cleaning out properly, is this something you can do for us?"

its on the hot side.

Ive since found out one of the boilers was not working for a few weeks and only repaired a few weeks before testing so im wondering if its that. Theres a hot tap in the cleaning cupboard directly before so I'll trace the pipework back for further outlets and see if these came up clear. Ill speak to them tomorrow and find out exactly whats happened. There are multiple mixer taps and showers throughout the building so any of these could be an issue. If the temp is "ok" as said above then wouldn't that destroy it? Once I know more I'll update you. I might sidestep it anyway as these boilers are the stuff of nightmares! Maybe this will clear just by a good hot tap run off? Ill check for and feedback on the mixer taps on the line.... but the boiler cant be a coincidence? Thanks for responding. Appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to legionnaires test failure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock