1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss Linking oil fired central heating to a wood burning stove in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

  1. Jock Spanners

    Jock Spanners GSR

    Hi Everyone,

    I've been asked to install a new oil fired central heating system and link it to a wood burning stove. It's in a bungalow refurb and the customer has an unlimited supply of wood. I'm very skeptical of it all working. It seems to me the choice is between a thermal store, H2 panel and a Dunsley Baker neutralizer. I'm leaning towards the thermal store as it seems to be the most straightforward option in terms of wiring but would appreciate any advice from someone who's done this successfully.


  2. ShaunCorbs

    ShaunCorbs Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

    H2 panel all day long for me
  3. SimonG

    SimonG Trusted Plumber

    H2 panel.
  4. DAVE01

    DAVE01 New Member

    Hi Jock have Done a few Dual Heating Systems and I did it the old way but if I was you I would go for a system link and I think you can get them in UK would not be to concerned about oil fired system you have high limit stat to control oil fired end of things were you Know You need gravity on all solid fuel boilers you can even mix a closed system and a open system with these system links better to cover yourself as you do not want any come backs then this costs you money and any profit you have made is long gone then Regards Dave01