Search the forum,

Discuss Linking oil fired central heating to a wood burning stove in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jock Spanners

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi Everyone,

I've been asked to install a new oil fired central heating system and link it to a wood burning stove. It's in a bungalow refurb and the customer has an unlimited supply of wood. I'm very skeptical of it all working. It seems to me the choice is between a thermal store, H2 panel and a Dunsley Baker neutralizer. I'm leaning towards the thermal store as it seems to be the most straightforward option in terms of wiring but would appreciate any advice from someone who's done this successfully.

Thanks,

Jock.

H2 panel all day long for me

Hi Everyone,

I've been asked to install a new oil fired central heating system and link it to a wood burning stove. It's in a bungalow refurb and the customer has an unlimited supply of wood. I'm very skeptical of it all working. It seems to me the choice is between a thermal store, H2 panel and a Dunsley Baker neutralizer. I'm leaning towards the thermal store as it seems to be the most straightforward option in terms of wiring but would appreciate any advice from someone who's done this successfully.

Thanks,

Jock.

Hi Jock have Done a few Dual Heating Systems and I did it the old way but if I was you I would go for a system link and I think you can get them in UK would not be to concerned about oil fired system you have high limit stat to control oil fired end of things were you Know You need gravity on all solid fuel boilers you can even mix a closed system and a open system with these system links better to cover yourself as you do not want any come backs then this costs you money and any profit you have made is long gone then Regards Dave01

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Linking oil fired central heating to a wood burning stove in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock