Search the forum,

Discuss little or no water coming from kichen cold tap. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nightwish04

Recently the tap has started playing up, giving very little or no water when turned on. If I wiggle it a bit it gives a little trickle. Every other tap in the house is fine.

Any help would be very welcome.

Welcome to the forums.

What sort of tap is it? ie Do you open the tap 1/4 turn normally or it is more old fashioned needing several turns of the handle.

Welcome to the forums.

What sort of tap is it? ie Do you open the tap 1/4 turn normally or it is more old fashioned needing several turns of the handle.

Very seems like a 1\4 turn

Have you got a picture of the tap, as the cartridge inside may have just got wedged in the closed position if it's is a washer type

Time you can waste running around for tap parts (Unless its just a washer) your better off replacing it

It could just be a blockage behind the disk. A customer of mine recently had a burst main. Water board came along repaired main but didn't flush through enough, some of the debris trapped behind the ceramic disk. Try the removing the tap aerator first to see if something is trapped there. If no,t isolate the supplies remove ceramic cartridges and rinse. Hopefully this on its own will solve your problem. If you need to change the cartridge, take one and the head to a merchants, who should be able to help.

flexis to tap can collapse as well if twisted, probably washer come off, ceramics rarely fail by losing flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to little or no water coming from kichen cold tap. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock