Search the forum,

Discuss Loctite 55 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair one re aesthetics!

All but the unions were prefabricated off site so glue had a week to dry.

Both union connections got 22 hours before pressure put through it. To be fair nothing coming out at all and we were there tidying up for 45 mins afterwards.

Couldn't do 24hrs for operational reasons but to be fair glue was solid by 22, nice warm plant room to accelerate chemical reaction.

Nice one, love a bit of pre fab takes all the worries out

How did you get on tightening 54mm up :D

Haha, best summed up by the maintenance guy who popped into the plant room whilst I was doing one up with 2' stilsons - 'Jesus is that sweat on your back??'

I also think I have broken our 9st apprentice..

:D should of given him the 12" ones

Or a set of wide jaw adjustables. Was tightening up one thread on the floor. He was standing on one stilsons while I did the other. Kept lifting him off the floor lol.

Good lad though, very helpful!

Oh ok. Would it have saved any joints?

One thing I noticed today is 54mm conpression fittings seem a bit prone to weeping when tightened up!

If you can use it, Boss white makes it a lot easier. Oil based!

If you can use it, Boss white makes it a lot easier. Oil based!

Can't use it these days as non potable but it's bloody great still

Jet blue v2 I use like boss with slightly more solid but still workable

Can't use it these days as non potable but it's bloody great still

Jet blue v2 I use like boss with slightly more solid but still workable

No, I wouldn't use it on Potable Water. Never used it for that.
That's why I said "if you can".

img_1141-jpg.31656
fwiw - to my untrained eye - thats almost a work of art :)

How do you get them off again? Or cant you?

Yes and no really you can't but if your careful with a grinder you can

Yes not supposed to be removable but then if they are as reliable as they were when we installed them can't see you needing to. All joints go together in seconds perfectly. When guns become more affordable I can see them taking off big style. So much less time/hassle than soldering.

Yes not supposed to be removable but then if they are as reliable as they were when we installed them can't see you needing to. All joints go together in seconds perfectly. When guns become more affordable I can see them taking off big style. So much less time/hassle than soldering.

TBH I think there affordable you only need several bad joints that suck up an hour or two for it to pay for itself

30-90 an hour depending on what we're doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Loctite 55 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock