Search the forum,

Discuss Logic Combi 35 - constantly on regardless of thermostat settings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

Just before Christmas I had an issue with my Logic Combi 35 whereby it was constantly calling for the central heating to be on.
Even with my room thermostats set to 18 degrees, it was still heating the house to between 21 and 23 degrees.
The only way to make the heat bearable was to turn the central heating temprature down using the dial on the front of the boiler.
If I turn the boiler to hot water only the boiler still seems to be firing due to the noise and pressure increase.
Turning the boiler off using the front dial also has no effect.
The only way to stop the boiler is to turn it off at the plug but owing to the cold temperatures I don't want to do that for too long due to risk of burst pipes.

By the time I got someone out to look at it the problem had rectified itself and no problem could be found.
In this recent cold snap the exact same problem has happened again which is making me think it must be a seized valve or similar that is only happening in extreme temperatures.

Any ideas?

TIA

Paul

Hi - I'm an Electrician (snowed in today) and my thought is the two port valve may have malfunctioned and electrically is always asking for heat. I'm sure Plumbers will have advice. Any pics?

Good evening. You have this post here on this already. Surely you would have had an engineer look at this since March. How is the problem still present in November. Some 8 months later. Also do you have a 30 or 35 as one post says logic 30 and one logic 35?

Reply to Logic Combi 35 - constantly on regardless of thermostat settings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

H
Wishing everyone on tgmhis forum a very happy Christmas!! I am working on a combi boiler which has problem with heating only. Water is heating normally. Here are the symptoms 1. Signal from thermostat is not firing the boiler. It does not make any sound when heating is on from thermostat. 2...
Replies
Views
I am having a problem with my main 24he boiler where the flame is constantly clicking on and off with the heating and when using hot water. Some times the flame failure light comes on but it ignites again after a few seconds. The plumber has changed a couple of sensors on the boiler and checked...
Replies
Views
Got up on Wednesday morning no hot water, (only cold water coming out of hot tap). Checked boiler, it had zero pressure and F1 fault showing. So I refilled the pressure using the filling loop, up to about 1bar which is where it usually is, which worked fine, had hot water all day. Same thing...
Replies
Views
Hi I am somewhat confused. My daughter has a combi boiler bought 2-3 years ago and has it timed to come on in morning for an hour and at night for a few hours using "auto"? mode I had been brought up to leave boilers on manual and set the thermostat low at night to prevent pipes from...
Replies
Views
Hi, I just moved into a new house and it has a Glow Worm Compact 24c combi boiler and a ESI ESRTP4RF+ programmable room thermostat and I am wondering if it's worth turning on the optimum start and stop features? There is also something called TPI (chronoproportional control) but I'm not sure how...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock